My Polaris Sector onedrive Modding-Help folder

Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

My Polaris Sector onedrive Modding-Help folder

Post by Firefox440 »

Hi. I have created a special onedrive folder where you can find some useful things for modding Polaris Sector.

-Questions and answers file. It is a pdf file with very useful questions about modding answered by the creator Ufnv. There are guides about how to run the cells editor or how create a new unit as a figher or a starship.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... file%2cpdf

The link for the folder is this. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... der%2cxlsx

You can find at this folder several actions from photoshop cc for to create the png files, the video tutorials about how create models and some few things used by me with this game.

In the same way, there is another folder with some models which they can be added to the game. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... =folder%2c
With two or three exceptions, they are mp4 movies and they must be converted. I have added very few by the moment but I will add more in a future. If somebody wants a special model, perhaps I can create the mp4 video for him.

I have added a new video tutorial about how edit a campaign. Yes, it was made with my mod but the way with the original game is the same.

I did not make this change in the video but at these screenshots, you can see how easily you can add more planets to one faction in the begining. It will give you a game fully different.

Only for modders with the Steam game as you, I have added the extracted content here. http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-pol ... nloadsform

Just unzip it. Next I recomend you to create a mod folder inside the game and to add the line in the REMEMBER.CFG from ..\Documents\My Games\Polaris Sector\
After the first line
Locale "Eng"
CurrentModPath "Your_mod_folder_name/"

Inside the folder, you can add only your edited files. Very easy and simple.

This is the Lumens 1.06d modkit with the a. files.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-pol ... nloadsform

If you have any question, you can ask it here.
Attachments
PolarisSector_0102.jpg
PolarisSector_0102.jpg (188.95 KiB) Viewed 25781 times
Last edited by Firefox440 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Firefox440

Re: My Polaris Sector onedrive Modding-Help folder

Post by Firefox440 »

I forgot to tell you how the non-compiled files, named rtq in the game and .a files without compile, they have not been released by the moment. Soon they will be released with a beta patch which it will add some modding capabilities as the addition from heroes.

Other point, when you execute at your cmd command line the parameter polarissector -extract all, it can takes easily 30 minutes at a HDD for uncompress all the files from the game, there are thousands of files. The game uncompress has a size from 6.62 more or less and 97.902 files.

In the same way, my SW mod has a size from 5.45gb and 138.559 files. Each new space unit needs at least 960 png files. Do not worry, you will not edit them one by one, with my customized presets, they are created with few clicks at photoshop. However, in my mod, I have added many un-used files, because by default many of my models are showed very small, following a realistic scale from 0,4 x 0,3 per meter. By this reason, many of them load only 320 png from a 128x96 scale. People will be able to edit the mod and they can add a bigger scale if they want. You will be able to use the mod as a example for your mod and you can use the stuff from it for your mod. It will be your choose. Just I would like people adding the credits from the mod in their mods if they use it. Nothing more.
2guncohen
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by 2guncohen »

Can you add specific units for every race seperatly ?
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

2guncohen wrote:Can you add specific units for every race seperatly ?
Yes.
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you for your efforts. Right now, I would just like to increase some of the stats for the vanilla races, if there is an "easy" way. Otherwise, will wait for the patch.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

If you want edit things as what quantity of minerals, food, people and more are produced. I would edit the files in the BldInfo folder. They can be edited with notepad but I recomend you notepad++. You will find all the buildings and their production between other things.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you. Of course, I do not want to give my competitors the same advantages :wink:

Would changing the "AIValue" help in that area?

And yes, I suppose I can just play on easy!

Either way, modifying science could jump-start the game, as a few people said it was slow going at first.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Can be. I do not know what make all the values from everything in the game. Just at my opinion the research is not slow in the begining, it is more a matter from how you start with one single planet and few research centers. When you increase them, the speed from research increase a lot.

By this reason, I will show you later a video tutotial about how edit a campaign. You will see how you can reduce the races in the campaign or change the planets by example. It is very easy. Imagine if you start with more good planets closest to your start position. It would help you a lot.
Slimak81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Slimak81 »

Thanks for the guides.
Does anyone knows were is the population birth rate parameter ?
And is it possible to change the speed of big ships on tactical battle? Changing engines in equip file will effect strategic map that is not desired
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

You can edit some values from the type ships at ShipType.all but mostly the speed is controlled in the equip.all where you will find the engines for the type GiantShip (Dreadnought and Battleship). However, be aware, if you increase the speed or other value in the begining, when you research more, you will discover how you have the opposite. :wink:

I do not know where is the birth parameter.
Hassie54
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Hassie54 »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:These files require compilation - there is a .bat file there that does this. Also there is a
document with description of the events the code throws when it requests some configurable
information.
What bat file compiles the RTQ files? How does one go about compiling them?
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

The rtq files have not been released by the moment, they will should be released soon, at few days.
Slimak81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Slimak81 »

Any clues for editing the AI's difficulty? What bonuses does the hardest level have? where to check and adjust to personal taste?
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

In the Doctrine folder you can see many of the things about the AI. By example, if you want add a new type of space unit and you want the AI playing with it, you must edit the files in the Doctrine folder.
Slimak81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Slimak81 »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:In the Doctrine folder you can see many of the things about the AI. By example, if you want add a new type of space unit and you want the AI playing with it, you must edit the files in the Doctrine folder.
It's all about attack patterns and fleet configs to be built
I am asking a little bit different things: What benefit's does AI get on each difficulty level? And where how to adjust it. For example I wanna see/add brutal mode in which AI got *1.5 research time bonus 1.5 production/mining bonus etc.
It seems to be hardcoded as i found noclues at files that can be opened via notepad or rar
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Slimak81 wrote: It's all about attack patterns and fleet configs to be built
I am asking a little bit different things: What benefit's does AI get on each difficulty level? And where how to adjust it. For example I wanna see/add brutal mode in which AI got *1.5 research time bonus 1.5 production/mining bonus etc.
It seems to be hardcoded as i found noclues at files that can be opened via notepad or rar
This can be done via .a files.

Look at how pirates are implemented, they have zero upkeep set in their .a file. You can use any multiplier there.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Rosseau wrote:Thank you. Of course, I do not want to give my competitors the same advantages :wink:
Then better to go with .a files - there you can adjust everything for each race individually.
No, that's how valuable is the building for AI when it estimates the planet value.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Slimak81 wrote:Thanks for the guides.
Does anyone knows were is the population birth rate parameter ?
.a files...
And is it possible to change the speed of big ships on tactical battle? Changing engines in equip file will effect strategic map that is not desired
I think, not really.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:The rtq files have not been released by the moment, they will should be released soon, at few days.
rtq files can be loaded here:

https://dropmefiles.com/137UA
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you, but I am a dumb dude. All is see is about uploading files, but can't figure out where to download?

Having some fun with the BLDG files, though. Got 78M food, and then had farms make a different resource. Upped the science output too, so will be really interesting when I meet my AI friends.

This is a truly fun game. GalCiv3 and Beyond Earth (supposedly AAA games) totally bore me. Congrats to the dev. I'm sure he's fielding many questions on the friendly Steam forums :wink:

Return to “Modders Corner”