Increase fungus yields for Terra Salvum

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Increase fungus yields for Terra Salvum

Post by Apheirox »

Even with Terra Salvum, fungus (and forest, to some extent) don't provide enough resources that they're worth keeping. You end up clear-cutting the terrain and building improvements, same as all the other factions. This is a shame. For the next beta patch, try the following:

- Fungus creates no pollution for Terra Salvum

- Fungus provides +2 minerals for Terra Salvum

- With Fungus Mutagenesis tech (mechanization era), fungus provides +3 food, +3 minerals (instead of 2/2) for all factions

This should make for much more interesting TS gameplay with fungal farms similar to what Cult and Stepsisters had in Alpha Centauri.
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer

Re: Increase fungus yields for Terra Salvum

Post by Xilmi »

Have you seen what it looks like with both fungus-boosting-techs in the lategame with 4/4 (4/5 for Terra Salvum, 6/4 for Gaian's Stepdaughers (with the AC-Mod))?
Fungus makes a furious comeback when you have this.

Boosting fungus early on would make it too powerful later.

With one of the fungus-techs it shall be a tough call to whether you keep it or not and really depends on the situation. When you have both, you'll want as much fungus as it is possible to fight pollution against.
Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

Problem is the yield doesn't raise to 4/4 until the Transcendence era. That means for the first two thirds of the game (the most important thirds), fungus isn't worth using. In my opinion, Terra Salvum should prefer to use fungus if not from the beginning of the game then at least from the Mechanization era. Currently, it's still better for them to just find some mountains or terraform to mountains and avoid that -1 pollution yield from the fungus.

I wouldn't mind at all if fungus got the boost I suggested. It wouldn't be a problem if the yield got really high in the end because that precisely wouldn't happen until the very end, after all.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

All the things you suggested are doable via modding.
So feel free to do that.
I personally would refrain from integrating such severe balance-changes into the base-game.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

On the balance, fungus can be usefull as protection, some natural toxic minefields we could let around our cities.
Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

Xilmi wrote:All the things you suggested are doable via modding.
So feel free to do that.
I personally would refrain from integrating such severe balance-changes into the base-game.
You know, you could just state you disagree instead of all that. I already explained that I think my suggestion would be more balanced than what we have now.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”