Steam Key Redemption

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam Key Redemption

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

we've simplified the way you get your game on steam. Your serial number for the installer is now your steam key. No need to generate a steam key, just use your serial

Simples!
Igorputski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Steam Key Redemption

Post by Igorputski »

I don't understand, I didn't get a steam key or installer or cd key or anything when I purchased the game. It just installed and I started playing. Not like the usualy setup I'm used to where i have to put in my computer name an cd key EVERYTIME I update.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

When you buy from us you get an installer and a serial number. Your serial number is also your steam key.

If you bought from Steam then Steam will give you a serial number you can register back here. There seems like a glitch that stopped these being sent out initially. These should be arriving soon if you don't already have them.

The serial from Steam lets you register your game here which can help if there is a future discount or promotion related to what you already own as we can't track that via steam, only via what you have registered here.
robtoe
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by robtoe »

Just FYI, the messaging from Steam is a bit misleading.

Upon launch, it offers up an "activation code", which ultimately is not required to play.

Unsure if you are able to offer input into Steam's verbage associated with your game, but you might wish to clarify it with something to the effect of "register your game with Slitherine using this code ..."
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Unfortunately not. All we do is provide the keys.
ozmo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by ozmo »

Glad I checked the forums. Wasn't sure what the Steam activation code was for!
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

IainMcNeil wrote:Unfortunately not. All we do is provide the keys.
That's very nice for the Steam consumers, so if they're banned from Steam, or if they decide to cancel their Steam acccount, they nevertheless keep the games.
But losing account is not likely, it will rather (again) incite your consumers to join Steam in hope of buying cheaper here. If you continue, I may quit you for Steam lol, you'll succeed in converting me (joking, though...).
The only solution I see for Slitherine is to align on the Steam prices, if you don't want to lose your very consummers, and own very commission, for Steam. I believe your devs are reluctant and I can understand them.
Or stop putting your games on Steam...
(Providing keys... You help for the development of games too, I suppose :mrgreen:)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Not sure what you mean? We price match and are often cheaper than steam as they don't allow sales to last as long as we run them.
rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 »

I've never had much to do with steam but decided it would be a convenient way to manage stuff. I tried to use my slitherine key to register a few games and was told each time it was invalid. Then I went to the page to get a steam key from my slitherine key and that didn't work very well although I got one registered. Can someone please tell me how I can get my games registered at steam? Thank you.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

you don't register games as steam, just install the key, that's it with nothing else to do, then game is ready to download / install and play
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 13280 times
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

rich12545 wrote:I've never had much to do with steam but decided it would be a convenient way to manage stuff. I tried to use my slitherine key to register a few games and was told each time it was invalid. Then I went to the page to get a steam key from my slitherine key and that didn't work very well although I got one registered. Can someone please tell me how I can get my games registered at steam? Thank you.
Depending on the game, but most you need to redeem the key from:
http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials

On the case of Heroes of Normandy, the Slitherine key is already a Steam key, so you don't need to redeem one.
You just need to activate it on your Steam account , like zak told.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TFBN-1352
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I had already been doing what you guys suggested. The process can be confusing. A couple of serial numbers are steam ready but most serial numbers need to be converted to steam. Each number needs to be inputted twice to work. There are no instructions but I finally figured it out and got most setup in steam. However, there are still two problems.

1. The key for Battle Academy 2 will not work in steam. Apparently it is a duplicate that someone else has. So I need a valid number.

2. My serial number for Sea Lion won't convert because it has only 15 numbers and is invalid in steam. It's possible I copied/pasted this incorrectly when I purchased the game but I think that's unlikely. I need to get a serial number that will work.

Any help with this will be appreciated.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You'll need to contact support to solve the duplicate key issue (it's at Steam's end). For PzC the serials aren't also Steam Keys, so you need to get your steam key by going via the Slitherine website where you use your serial to generate a Steam Key.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
teignnews
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by teignnews »

I have 3 different keys showing here for HoN, none of which are apparently acceptable to Steam. Any ideas?

Thanks
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

You'll need to contact support to solve the duplicate key issue

Contact (support[at]slitherine.co.uk) with the order reference number

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”