Afghanistan'11

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Afghanistan'11

Post by Every Single Soldier »

We have spoken a lot about the Afghanistan adaption and development has commenced.

This forum has been so supportive and incredibly insightful at times and we have listened intently, and have incorporated all the learnings into the design.

Herewith a summarized list of features planned:

1. A full nation building module, whereby player can affect the hearts and minds of the local population via non-military means (constructing infrastructure and delivering UNICEF aid)
2. An intense 19 battle campaign covering the iconic Afghan war operations from establishing Camp Rhino to the Bin Laden Raid (Neptune Spear)
3. Command the American and the Afghanistan National Army during ground and air operations
4. Drones, multi role fighters and ground-attack aircraft are available to help you to spot and eliminating enemy units
5. Upgrade your bases with specific buildings to offer a better support to your soldiers and military vehicles
6. Random social and political events - like Afghanistan National elections - affecting the balance of power in the Afghan theatre
7. Taliban operations are financed from the growing and harvesting of opium crops. Locate and destroy these fields to cripple the opponent's resources
8. Full range of modern military units including artillery, mechanized and infantry units, engineers, helicopters, etc
9. Special forces including sniper and forward air controller actions, offering you plenty of tactical options

All comments/suggestions etc are most welcome as now is a good time to be able to implement.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Afghanistan'11

Post by ErissN6 »

Nice!! 1911 with here the English as invaders?? :mrgreen:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

That's the next expansion , then the Russions :shock:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Russians commander :wink:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Forgot to put my glasses on.... :shock:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

need some R&R commander
LoyalSoldier
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by LoyalSoldier »

Looks very interesting. I can see how you have expanded the original concept a lot.

It will be interesting to see how the new terrain affects operations. Now you have done forest and mountains, the rest should be easy.

With the non-military intervention, you can see how H&M now at least sounds logical.

It makes sense that building roads may actually increase H&M. A positive result of of something intended to improve military manoeuvrability.

Your COIN concept is something I've really taken to. It is not too intense, but is very immersive. I have enjoyed tactical games, but sometimes feel they have no soul. Vietnam65 has soul (even despite the basic graphics) and hopefully Afganastan will too.

I also like that you can finish Vietnam65 in about 3 hours. So I hope the expansion doesn't expand the game time too much.

My only concern is that you may alienate your potential Taliban customers. But I guess that is not your core market. ;)
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Vietnam65 wrote:Afghanistan '11
All comments/suggestions etc are most welcome as now is a good time to be able to implement.
Waiting for a final(?) patch for Vietnam '65.
viewtopic.php?f=329&t=66882#p566458
LoyalSoldier wrote: you may alienate your potential Taliban customers. But I guess that is not your core market. ;)
Yes the date is not very interesting for who is not american, but I understand it could however make a good game.
I'll far prefer playing the common mudjaidins (against russians, english, or americans).
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by jack54 »

The new list looks really impressive.... very excited.
I'm hoping the game still retains the random setups; I didn't expect scenarios.
Is the 'campaign' in addition to the random stuff?

Anyway Good Luck wherever the series goes..... even though I'm still hope for Mekong at some point. But of course....follow the $$$
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

LoyalSoldier wrote:Looks very interesting. I can see how you have expanded the original concept a lot.
Major enhancements are:

3D elevated terrain and bigger maps
Full campaign whilst still retaining the random setup to be found in Skirmish mode
A streamlined supply system, using forward bases to automate close proximity units
The training and full handover to the ANA forces
Non military means to influence H&M of locals
Opium crops and the resultant effect on the war
Random 'Newspaper Headline' events that happen globally and influence locally

LoyalSoldier wrote:I also like that you can finish Vietnam65 in about 3 hours. So I hope the expansion doesn't expand the game time too much.
Pretty much the same format
LoyalSoldier wrote:My only concern is that you may alienate your potential Taliban customers. But I guess that is not your core market.
enough said.... :shock:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

jack54 wrote:I'm hoping the game still retains the random setups; I didn't expect scenarios.
The campaign is in addition to the Skirmish mode, which I prefer to call 'Classic Mode' :shock:
jack54 wrote:Anyway Good Luck wherever the series goes..... even though I'm still hope for Mekong at some point. But of course....follow the $$$
With the brand new engine for Afghanistan, we will definitely be revisiting Vietnam, with full campaign and all the missing iconic features we left out of V65, inter alia Riverine Ops, tunnels, US Marines, B52 bombers, Napalm, cross border raids MACV SOC etc etc

Think V'66 :shock:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Work in progress....
Attachments
Buffalo.jpg
Buffalo.jpg (161.71 KiB) Viewed 10624 times
Rekka
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Rekka »

Nice WIP. Really looking forward to this one!
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Vietnam65 wrote:
The campaign is in addition to the Skirmish mode, which I prefer to call 'Classic Mode' :shock:

With the brand new engine for Afghanistan, we will definitely be revisiting Vietnam, with full campaign and all the missing iconic features we left out of V65, inter alia Riverine Ops, tunnels, US Marines, B52 bombers, Napalm, cross border raids MACV SOC etc etc

Think V'66 :shock:
Fantastic news..... Thank you 'VERY MUCH'! :mrgreen:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Handing over combat responsibility to the Afghanistan National Army is an imperative.
Attachments
afghanflag1.jpg
afghanflag1.jpg (17.69 KiB) Viewed 10489 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

looking good commander
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

I found the ' '11 ', painted with the flag, is too bold, or there should be spaces between the 3 letters.
Those who don't already know the title should wonder what it is, like a weird ' m ', or manual ' n ':
Afghanistan m/n ?
http://cdn1.editmysite.com/uploads/2/1/ ... 200686.jpg
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

I agree, we are looking at it, thanks :o
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017