Future of Vietnam '65

It is 1965 and the US ground war in Vietnam is in full swing. As a US Army commander, wage a counter-insurgency (COIN) war to secure the Ia Drang valley, on the border with Cambodia.
LaStarza
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Future of Vietnam '65

Post by LaStarza »

Absolutely love this game!

I was just curious if there were going to be any additional patches or enhancements for Vietnam '65? Or is the focus now totally on the Afghanistan game?

Thanks!
Mark
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Re: Future of Vietnam '65

Post by Every Single Soldier »

Thanks for the support :D

Right now we are working on the Afghanistan adaption with a whole new engine and campaign mode.

Thereafter I think we will revisit Vietnam , maybe '66 and incorporate a wider model with the new engine etc

As it now stands V'65 is complete, but Vietnam is certainly not .... :)
LaStarza

Post by LaStarza »

Vietnam65 wrote:Thanks for the support :D

Right now we are working on the Afghanistan adaption with a whole new engine and campaign mode.

Thereafter I think we will revisit Vietnam , maybe '66 and incorporate a wider model with the new engine etc

Thanks for the reply! It's actually kind of nice to know that Vietnam '65 is complete, because now I can really dig in and enjoy it without wondering if I should hold off until the next patch is released just in case it might add a new latest and greatest feature that I can't live without!

I love the fresh approach you've brought to the genre. Please keep up the good work!

Thanks again,
Mark
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

See you in Khandahar .... :shock:
recon25
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by recon25 »

Have u announced a release date yet?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

none has so far been mentioned :wink:
LoyalSoldier
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by LoyalSoldier »

I would like to see Slitherine use it's agreement to make a Warhammer 40k adaption of Vietnam. You could have imperial forces trying to stop a chaos incursion.

The cultists could take the place of the VC. You could even have space marines as elite troops on both sides. Alternatively, you could build a completely new Sci-fi and/or fantasy model.

Another possibility would be for the gamer to play Vietnam65 using other war scenarios. The idea is you chose another COIN scenario and just change the names of the units, villages, etc to reflect the new scenario. The strengths of the units could stay exactly the same, but the feel would be different.

So you you could have Sci-if fantasy theme, or choose a different war like say Russians in Afghanistan (Just an example) or a hypothetical war with similar technology. Gamers could buy these add-ones.

Of course, I do not know if developing these add-ones would be worth the cost for Slitherine, or if it can technically be done. But if there is more variety more people to play it.

There may be people who are not keen to play Vietnam65 because they don't want to play as the US. So if there was more variety, more may play the game.

Another interesting variation of the game would be to play the insurgents. It would be interesting to try and take control of the villages when faced with a foreign army with superior technology.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

zakblood_slith wrote:So you you could have Sci-if fantasy theme, or choose a different war like say Russians in Afghanistan (Just an example) or a hypothetical war with similar technology. Gamers could buy these add-ones.
Very much on the cards, we want to build a really robust counter insurgency engine, then apply it to all COIN conflicts and nothing stopping future conflicts either :shock:
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Every Single Soldier wrote:Thanks for the support :D

Any news or interesting points in the development process for the addon...timeline for further publishing?
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Right now we are focussing on getting Afghanistan'11 to market, thereafter we have a busy pipeline which will definietly leads us back to Vietnam at some point.... :shock:
asuser

Post by asuser »

Thanks for the information! Nice to hear that... :)

Return to “Vietnam '65”