Tournaments!

Fans of Legions of Steel - a boardgame designed by Clark Browning, Marco Pecota and Derrick Villeneuve – will be happy to know that the French developers from Studio Nyx have revived the eternal war between the Empire of the Machines and the factions from the Milky Way.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Tournaments!

Post by Tamas »

Hi Guys,

I am shamelessly copying my own post from the Steam forums while we finalise a proper documentation for those interested:

If you are interested in what a tournament is, let me tell you:

Let's start with the TL;DR version:
You sign up, and once it starts you receive multiplayer games in the in-game lobby, playing one other opponent each round. Depending on how well you do, you get points. You get to see the leaderboard all the time, and a winner is declared at the end.

It is VERY easy to participate and the server makes sure to put you against players with similar level of skills.
All you need is a Slitherine account. Here is where you can sign up:
http://www.slitherine.com/tournaments

The long(er) version:
Tournaments have a pre-defined number of rounds, and tournament games have to be played to a schedule. You have to complete you games in the time allotted.

This works very much like a chess clock. When it is your turn your timer counts down. When you end your turn it immediately starts your opponents clock ticking down. The amount of time you have remaining is shown in each game. Run out of time and you forfeit the game!

Once the game is complete the scores will be updated on the web page and the draw for the next round calculated. Your games will appear automatically in your games list so all you have to do is just play. Note that if you don’t play your games and complete them you may be removed from the draw for the next round so that only active players are left in the tournament.

The draw of opponents for each round is based on the points the players have. So let's say you had a really unlucky time with those grenade throws (obviously it wasn't because your opponent was better!) and found yourself near the bottom of the table after two lost rounds. For the third round, the server will match you up with a similarly unlucky fellow, so you will not have to try and hone your skill against the resident champion.
But! You can still overtake that champion in points thanks to the above matchmaking.

This is how it works. We will soon post you a detailed documentation on the ins-ands-outs of the system including scoring, timing and matchmaking, but in the meantime we have a First Blood Tournament starting tomorrow, so why not join us and see how it works for yourself!
AdvancedMilitaryComm
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Tournaments!

Post by AdvancedMilitaryComm »

Impossible to play the tournament as I cannot login with my current Slitherine account (Wrong name or password)!
Was working flawlessly in the beta!
But I can still login with another username.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Tournaments!

Post by VPaulus »

AdvancedMilitaryComm wrote:Impossible to play the tournament as I cannot login with my current Slitherine account (Wrong name or password)!
Was working flawlessly in the beta!
But I can still login with another username.
You need to login with the account details with which you have registered your game.
If you don't know in which account you have registered your game, please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk

Return to “Legions of Steel”