1.06 released

Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 - Moderators

RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

1.06 released

Post by RonaldWendt »

Its been out for a while, still its better you have all the information in one spot. So here we go with the latest version of Germany at War.

Get the latest update here http://bit.ly/1HTkWRJ.

Changelog:
v1.06 January 7th, 2015

Added:

- Petsamo-Kirkenes scenario by Erik Nygaard
- dust track if vehicles move
- strength is displayed on units in recruitment
- missing winter texture for bunker garrison
- designer can set amount surpression levels removed from each unit in each turn
- the command 'mask-recruits' now allows deployment but prevents the player from buying unit types, while the new mask-deploys hinders both.
- updated version 1.01 of the XML Commands documantation and updated editor
- 4.5cm ATG M1937->4.5cm ATG M1942 upgrade path
- 2.Hungarian Army added to first scenario of Case Blue

new equipment/units for Hungary:
38 (t) (2/1942)
Light Division
105mm 37M
37mm 36M
50mm 38M (2/1942)
75mm 97/38M (2/1942)
75mm 40M (2/1942)

Changed:

- replaced text buttons of refit area with symbol buttons
- new arrangement for HQ (->display buttons)
- new railway transport sample
- panel graphics reworked for better overview
- darker colour of supply hexes on snow
- improved radio buttons for better visibility

Fixed:

- view value of transports is now used if troops are on vehicles
- Units were not updated if two campaigns with units in deployment were loaded successively
- transport symbols update in deploy window if there are changes in the HQ (gilestiel)
- several typos
- missing translation in recruitment screen for "deployed" in German version
- bug in Kharkov 1943 prevented player victory
- German selfpropelled antiairs had wrong NATO symbols

Enjoy this and expect more releases this year. :D
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: 1.06 released

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the update, patch / fixes and work as always :wink:
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

Thank you for the hard work.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello guys,

you are welcome as usual. :D

Regards,
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

dear gentleman, I recently purchased this awesome game. I have played it every free moment I have. here is the issue I encounted with this particular update. 1.06 this update installed properly, however when I launched my saved campaign it crashed to the desktop. I have installed the two other updates without any issues. my O S is windows 8.1 64 bit. I reinstalled the game and the two previous updates and was able to pick up where I left off. my thought is that perhaps windows 8.1 64 bit had some issues? I will leave this for better minds :) my thanks to the devs for such a great game!! now gents back to the front..... there is a war to fight!!!! P.S. I recently purchased order of battle pacific..... no where near the fun I have playing your game.... hoping for add-ons in the near future. Jerome.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hi ME262,
ME262 wrote:dear gentleman, I recently purchased this awesome game. I have played it every free moment I have. here is the issue I encounted with this particular update. 1.06 this update installed properly, however when I launched my saved campaign it crashed to the desktop. I have installed the two other updates without any issues. my O S is windows 8.1 64 bit. I reinstalled the game and the two previous updates and was able to pick up where I left off. my thought is that perhaps windows 8.1 64 bit had some issues? I will leave this for better minds :) my thanks to the devs for such a great game!! now gents back to the front..... there is a war to fight!!!! P.S. I recently purchased order of battle pacific..... no where near the fun I have playing your game.... hoping for add-ons in the near future. Jerome.
we are glad to hear you enjoy the game. So 1.06 did run, but you could not use your savegames anymore ? Could you provide the savegame so we can have a look at it ? Did none of your savegames work or just a particular one ?

We are working on a DLC right now and you might have read about the next free update to 1.07 which will bring a lot of new stuff and improvements to you.

So Germany at War will be more exciting than ever.

Regards,
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

this I believe is the file in question, if not I can upload all the saved files from that day and time period, I play this game a lot! so this is as close to recalling the date+time. its great to hear a new glc is in the works!! quick question, when 1.07 patch is released will I need to use 1.06 before 1.07 patch? thanks for your reply ..... keep up the excellent work :D
Attachments
AA-Kiev-0001.sav.xml.gz
(27.9 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hi ME262,

thanks for the fiel, we will have a look if there is a problem with it. Sounds you really have fun with GaW :-)

All our updates are cumulative so you can e.g. update from 1.0 to 1.07 without having to install any other version inbetween.
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

dear sir,
I forgot to inform you that I installed the 1.07 update during a campaign.....having played other games similar to this one the patch or update typically would not work.
i did see the updated control panel.... it was when i clicked to move a unit the game crashed.
I think perhaps i should have waited to install the update when starting a new campaign?

hoping this might have caused the conflict and this information may help resolve the issue i encountered. jerome :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

1.07 isn't out as yet unless your testing the beta?
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

my mistake 1.06 patch oooppps !!!!
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

ME262 wrote: I think perhaps i should have waited to install the update when starting a new campaign?

hoping this might have caused the conflict and this information may help resolve the issue i encountered. jerome :)
Ususally there should be no problem with the savegames as long as there were no changes on the maps themselves. If maps were changed, it still depends on what was changed.

E.g. in 1.06 we fixed a victory condition so of course a savegame would contain the old version and the fix would not work, but you should be able to play without a crash.

So unless there is a remark about it, the all-in-one updates can be applied any time and you should be able to continue any savegame.

Everything else smells like either a problem on your system (which we encountered several times as thee final problem) or an unknown bug.
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

dear sir, thankyou for your time evaluating the file I uploaded. I began a new campaign , but before starting I installed the 1.06 patch.... it worked briefly then crashed. I believe my O S being windows 8.1 64 bit is the cause. this pc I am using is 1 month old, nothing has been installed except for GAW game, with that said I am going to load onto my other pc running windows vista home premium 32 bit dual core, I will do this sometime over the weekend... july 4th and will post my results to the forum. I must tell you again that most of my spare time is dedicated to playing this fantastic game! cant wait for the glc/addon excellent work gentlemen!!! Jerome :)
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

sir, I have tested the 1.06 patch on two other computers.... one using vista the other win 7 the result was the same. on a clean intall to both mentioned PCs all was fine with patch 1.02 and 1,05 it was after the 1.06 patch was installed the game crashed to desktop. after this result I rolled back both PCs to ver. 1.05 and all was fine. still enjoying your excellent game! thanks for all your hard work on a gem of a game. jerome :)
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hi Jerome
ME262 wrote:sir, I have tested the 1.06 patch on two other computers.... one using vista the other win 7 the result was the same. on a clean intall to both mentioned PCs all was fine with patch 1.02 and 1,05 it was after the 1.06 patch was installed the game crashed to desktop. after this result I rolled back both PCs to ver. 1.05 and all was fine. still enjoying your excellent game! thanks for all your hard work on a gem of a game. jerome :)
i started a new thread here:

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=65947

as this is turning into a tech support.

We use the same systems as you (Win 7 and 8.1 64bit) on two of our systems without any problem. All-in-all its odd as in 1.06 we only changed/fixed and added contend. The technical part on our side remained the same.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”