Taskmaster spell

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

gchristie
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Taskmaster spell

Post by gchristie »

My Dragonhold forces were involved in a tactical battle with the orcs of the Iron Barony. When I click on the next turn button the orcs move and attack then the IB leader used the Taskmaster spell and I noticed that there is a "TEXT_MISSING" message that appears above the Taskmaster card. The card says "Your opponent skips his next turn." When I click on the "Continue" button the orc immediately move again. It should be the start of my guys turn. Is this working properly?
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
~Anne Frank
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Re: Taskmaster spell

Post by Jekky »

He played the card against you (the missing text should say "Iron Barony plays Taskmaster"). The card skips the other player's next turn - in this case that means you got skipped and he got to take 2 turns in a row. So, other than the missing text, yes it is working.
gchristie

Post by gchristie »

Thanks Jekky.

Just wanted to say congratulations to you, Breca and your team. This is an outstanding early release game. Some of us are pointing out the glitches so to help improve the game. But I imagine receiving a a steady stream of critiques and "suggestions" might get a little wearing for you all.

So keep your chins up, you have the makings of an exceptional game.
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
~Anne Frank
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

Actually, we are extremely grateful for the comments, feedback and reports. We've been developing in a bubble for a long time. We obviously didn't see everything, and on a more subtle level, I think some areas of the game were in prototype form for so long that we kinda got used to them, warts and all. Now that a lot of fresh eyes are on Sovereignty, we're seeing it with some fresh eyes too.

Return to “Sovereignty”