Epic Campaign: Notes to win by

PC/iOS/Android: QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, QVADRIGA Moderators

BenTheRat
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Epic Campaign: Notes to win by

Post by BenTheRat »

I went back after several frustrating attempts and decided to give it one more try and it took me a bit, but finally managed a Epic Win with a total of 694 points. What that means I have no idea.

It looks like many of the issues have now all been resolved. Here was how I did it.

1. I started with a Veneta team. This gives you good turning, good acceleration and good speed to start.
2. I ran only 1 driver as much as possible, unless he was injured, and I'd sit him one race then back in. When he died I started another driver. In total I got to my 4th main driver, with one alternate I used when the main got injured.
3.Horse preference: 1 arrow, then 1 arrow-1hear, 2 arrows, 2 arrows-1 heart, 2 arrows-2 hearts.
4. I always upgraded horses whenever one came up.
5. I never purchased more than a 1 star driver. They get better on their own.
6. Chariots, 1 bolt, 2 bolts, 2 bolts-1 hammer
7. I did the Africa circuit to start and then jumped to Italy and finished there.
8. Avoid the 4 lane tracks. Too dangerous. Too easy to die.
9. Once you get a driver to 10+ wins, take no more chances with them. As soon as you are not going to win, and start getting attacked, just finish the race with the auto-complete and live to drive another day. Lookout is your friend. Use it often. Attack should be done, to help you win, not just for fun.
10. Once you are above 15 wins you can start looking at your opponents, and you will find the top drivers in the world in your race. So you don't necessarily have to win, just keep them from winning. Be careful to auto-finish here as I've seen it give impossible wins to some of the top drivers in the world.
11. It will throw in some in front of you when you hit 20 or so.
12. He does seem to fix the problem if the driver dies he doesn't really. I was 2nd in the world with 27 wins and 1 other guy had31. My driver was injured so I sat him out and rand my 2nd guy, who I don't car if they die. He managed to kill the #1 guy and win the race, throwing my guy in the lead and have 3 wins. That didn't win it through.
13. To win, I had a to run one final race, where my guy won putting him at 28 wins and 4 in the city and I got the Epic Campaign win.

So it is possible to win the game, it was a lot of fun, and very tactical. Great job, I enjoyed it, even it I got frustrated for being stupid.
Paul43
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Epic Campaign: Notes to win by

Post by Paul43 »

8. Avoid the 4 lane tracks. Too dangerous. Too easy to die.
9. Once you get a driver to 10+ wins, take no more chances with them. As soon as you are not going to win, and start getting attacked, just finish the race with the auto-complete and live to drive another day. Lookout is your friend. Use it often. Attack should be done, to help you win, not just for fun.
10. Once you are above 15 wins you can start looking at your opponents, and you will find the top drivers in the world in your race. So you don't necessarily have to win, just keep them from winning. Be careful to auto-finish here as I've seen it give impossible wins to some of the top drivers in the world.
I agree that this is the best way to win on Epic mode, but the above also feels like a lame way to play and not the most fun. That's not a criticism of you - you're just using the best strategy to achieve the goal that the game has set for you - it's more of a criticism of the way Qvadriga's goals are set up. IMO the game would be a lot better if they got rid of the idea of 'beating' the game and set it up as a season by season thing, like John Madden Football, OOTP Baseball, Starters Orders, and so on. Their current system also creates the problem of, "OK, so I beat the game on Epic and now I've lost a lot of my incentive to keep playing."

I want to mix it up a bit with the other Charioteers, but as it is there is no incentive for me to do so. At best it slows me down, it endangers my driver and chariot, and even if I do take out the other chariot it doesn't mean anything because AI teams aren't carried over from race to race and my team is not rewarded in any way for fighting. IRL I would think teams that generate excitement would get some benefit from that, even if they don't always win. The Romans were selling entertainment.

Return to “QVADRIGA”