Dueling devices (my Transformer vs Nexus 7)

Android Beta
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Dueling devices (my Transformer vs Nexus 7)

Post by MrsWargamer »

Ok so I have two devices and that means I have two sources of input.

Currently the Asus Transformer is showing a potential shortfall in device power potentially. It crashes seemingly about the same point, and it is not specific to a particular action. So it is not really seeming to be something I can recreate. It might be just a duration of minutes and not any one in game action at fault. I play the Brest scenario, I get to about the 3rd turn, and the game freezes, nothing is possible other than kill the game by exiting to 'desktop' so to speak (or whatever it is we call the desktop on a tablet).

Now on the Nexus 7 I find it is not quite as fun to play on the smaller screen, but, it appears my Nexus 7 has a bit more device muscle. It did not crash, and while my game performance was nothing to brag about :) I managed to finally see what past turn 3 is like, managed to get across the river, defeat the silo, and trash the citadel. The game concludes and thus, I think it might be my Transformer showing it's device limitations as it might be a graphics issue.

I will confess I am not very conversant on tablet hardware just yet. But I am aware my first Gen Transformer is being shown up by the newer products.
So I say it to anyone else testing, if you are experiencing crashes, it might be a hardware spec shortfall to be considered.

I have not as yet encountered mention of the game's specs (if they are known).

So likely I will be forced to potentially consider discontinuing the test on the Transformer if it refuses to cooperate. But until the Nexus 7 demonstrates a crash, I will assume it is good to go and will be pursuing my testing and opinion process through it.
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
l3gacy
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Dueling devices (my Transformer vs Nexus 7)

Post by l3gacy »

My older Toshiba thrive have similar specs to the Asus tranformer too, which includes the nvidia tegra 2 processor, but I cant even get to the campaign on it, it freezes.
Is the Asus Eee Pad Tranformer your tablet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_Pad_Transformer
MrsWargamer

Re: Dueling devices (my Transformer vs Nexus 7)

Post by MrsWargamer »

I believe so, I never bought the keyboard add on, as it seemed dumb to buy something that ruined the point of getting away from my laptop :)
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com

Return to “Android Beta”