"Log me on automatically each visit" not working

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

"Log me on automatically each visit" not working

Post by Tarrak »

Since about two weeks, at least as far i noticed, the "Log me on automatically each visit" function is not working anymore. No matter if i check the checkbox or not i get logged out after latest two hours of inactivity. I tested this in two different web browsers (Opera 12.16 and Firefox 23.0.1 both on Windows 7 64 bit) and the problem exists in both so this shouldn't be caused by some wrong settings on my side unless of course i managed to do the same in both browsers.

Thanks in advance for looking into it. While this is by no means not a critical problem i really enjoy the comfort of the function.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: "Log me on automatically each visit" not working

Post by VPaulus »

Hi Tarrak, I've just made a quick check with IE8 and Firefox and the function seems to be working.
Have you checked your security settings?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

VPaulus wrote:Hi Tarrak, I've just made a quick check with IE8 and Firefox and the function seems to be working.
Have you checked your security settings?
Yes i accept all cookies and i keep them. I don't have any privacy or blocking addons except of AddBlock installed but i even disabled it on the Slitherine pages. What puzzles me most is the fact that the setting isn't working in both browsers i tested. They don't share the same settings and it's rather highly unlikely i messed up the same setting twice. Can you think of anything on the OS level that may prevent it from working?

Thanks for your help.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

To clarify my previous explanation: When i quit the browser and restart it i get logged in automatically but this is only working for a while. After around two hours it doesn't work anymore even if i keep the browser open on the next refresh it logs me out.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'll ask Pet to take a look at this, Tarrak.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

I'm getting this too. On my iPad and Laptop
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

I am having this problem again since around two weeks as well after it was fixed a while again already.
vexillia

Post by vexillia »

Return to “Site Feedback”