Gemini and moon

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Gemini and moon

Post by Ponepilos »

in BARIS you could fly around the moon will this be implanted in the next update? that would be nice :D
N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: Gemini and moon

Post by N_Molson »

Having the possiblity of a lunar Gemini would certainly be interesting. Maybe a little riskier and less prestigious than the Apollo program, as only one astronaut could land on the Moon, and bring back less samples ?
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
NASAIsAwesome
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NASAIsAwesome »

N_Molson wrote:Having the possiblity of a lunar Gemini would certainly be interesting. Maybe a little riskier and less prestigious than the Apollo program, as only one astronaut could land on the Moon, and bring back less samples ?
The lunar Gemini craft is already inside the game XML files...it'll most likely come as another way to launch a manned lunar mission.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Indeed, yes, we have several flavours of lunar Gemini in stock for part 1!

Cheers,
Lunar Gemini  Flyby.jpg
Lunar Gemini Flyby.jpg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 5750 times
Lunar Gemini Orbit.jpg
Lunar Gemini Orbit.jpg (99.29 KiB) Viewed 5750 times
Direct Ascent Gemini.jpg
Direct Ascent Gemini.jpg (98.5 KiB) Viewed 5750 times
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Deadmeat1471
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Deadmeat1471 »

Awesome. <--- I use this word alot when mentioning this game.
Arron69
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Arron69 »

+1 awesome.

Andi.
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

i love it :D
SebbiLebga
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by SebbiLebga »

Can't wait for it - awesome :D
DGatsby
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DGatsby »

I am very excite! Personally I hope they are implemented sooner rather than later. In my opinion right now the sandbox is directionless without the moon landings. Being able to complete the goal of the game would go a long way to making it more interesting!
HTower
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by HTower »

DGatsby wrote:I am very excite! Personally I hope they are implemented sooner rather than later. In my opinion right now the sandbox is directionless without the moon landings. Being able to complete the goal of the game would go a long way to making it more interesting!
Directionless? The direction of the early game is out into space! You can't put a man on the moon without first having tested equipment, procedures and men in the Mercury and Gemini missions. Sure flying around the moon isn't as glamorous, but still vitally important. It's too bad you cannot see what happens during the game, and only what is at the end.
NASAIsAwesome
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NASAIsAwesome »

HTower wrote:
DGatsby wrote:I am very excite! Personally I hope they are implemented sooner rather than later. In my opinion right now the sandbox is directionless without the moon landings. Being able to complete the goal of the game would go a long way to making it more interesting!
Directionless? The direction of the early game is out into space! You can't put a man on the moon without first having tested equipment, procedures and men in the Mercury and Gemini missions. Sure flying around the moon isn't as glamorous, but still vitally important. It's too bad you cannot see what happens during the game, and only what is at the end.
Found this little interesting tidbit while going through the XML files. The Gemini lunar missions are in there, all right, and all we need to do is to find a way to "activate" them.
</Program>
<Program PgmCtgID='29' PgmID='00' ProgramCategoryGroupID='1' OpeningCost='1688'> <!-- 29-00-Circumlunar reconnaissance mission -->
<RequiredMsnComponents ID1='TITAN_II' ID2='TITAN_IIIC' ID3='GEMINI' ID4='GEMINI_TRANSTAGE' NumMsnCmps='4'/>
<HistoricFacts>
</HistoricFacts>
</Program>
<Program PgmCtgID='29' PgmID='01' ProgramCategoryGroupID='1' OpeningCost='1899'> <!-- 29-01-Lunar orbital reconnaissance mission -->
<RequiredMsnComponents ID1='SATURN_IB' ID2='GEMINI' ID3='GEMINI_LUNAR_PROPULSION_MODULE' NumMsnCmps='3'/>
<HistoricFacts>
</HistoricFacts>
</Program>
<Program PgmCtgID='29' PgmID='03' ProgramCategoryGroupID='1' OpeningCost='6752'> <!-- 29-02-Direct ascent -->
<RequiredMsnComponents ID1='SATURN_V' ID2='GEMINI_DIRECT_ASCENT' NumMsnCmps='2'/>
<HistoricFacts>
</HistoricFacts>
</Program>
<Program PgmCtgID='29' PgmID='04' ProgramCategoryGroupID='1' OpeningCost='6752'> <!-- 29-03-Three crew LOR -->
<RequiredMsnComponents ID1='SATURN_IB' ID2='SATURN_V' ID3='APOLLO_CSM' ID4='LEM' ID5='LUNAR_ROVER' NumMsnCmps='5'/>
<HistoricFacts>
</HistoricFacts>
</Program>
<Program PgmCtgID='29' PgmID='05' ProgramCategoryGroupID='1' OpeningCost='6752'> <!-- 29-04-Earth orbit rendezvous -->
<RequiredMsnComponents NumMsnCmps='0'/>
<HistoricFacts>
</HistoricFacts>
</Program>

</Programs>
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

hehehe :) No longer can you wait for these missions :D
DGatsby
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DGatsby »

Maybe if we wish hard enough it will be activated...
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

DGatsby wrote:Maybe if we wish hard enough it will be activated...
See my answers in this related thread.

I still have to modify the data scripts for the lunar missions so that they are compatible with the animations. I'll try to fit those as soon as I can, but too many things on my plate at the moment I'm afraid :(

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Ponepilos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ponepilos »

Nacho84 wrote:
DGatsby wrote:Maybe if we wish hard enough it will be activated...
See my answers in this related thread.

I still have to modify the data scripts for the lunar missions so that they are compatible with the animations. I'll try to fit those as soon as I can, but too many things on my plate at the moment I'm afraid :(

Cheers,
hi Nacho84,

you and your team does a great job don´t worry. we have waited so long for this. we can wait a little bit longer :P

greets
DGatsby
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DGatsby »

Oh hey, don't worry man! Like what has been said, you guys are doing a great job with the game! I certainly don't mean to rush you.
N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by N_Molson »

Yes, let's do things at a steady pace and hunt the bugs one by one. A good bug is a dead bug. :mrgreen:
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

N_Molson wrote:Yes, let's do things at a steady pace and hunt the bugs one by one. A good bug is a dead bug. :mrgreen:
I agree :D

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”