Saved games won't load

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 - Moderators

offbase
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Saved games won't load

Post by offbase »

I am having a big problem loading ANY game ... either loading last game, or a specific game. I just keep getting "please wait" and nothing ever loads.

When I go to Task Manager while this happens, a running program identified as "localization error" appears. The only way to get out of it is to select this and click "end task."

Any ideas? Please???
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Re: Saved games won't load

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
offbase wrote:I am having a big problem loading ANY game ... either loading last game, or a specific game. I just keep getting "please wait" and nothing ever loads.

When I go to Task Manager while this happens, a running program identified as "localization error" appears. The only way to get out of it is to select this and click "end task."

Any ideas? Please???
the "programm" localization error is simply an error message of the game in a window.

This is very rar though. You state you cannot load any savegames at all - this never happen to anyone else, so it seems this is special.

Can you attach one or better several of those savegames to the forum or send it to wendt@anvil-soft.com , please ?

You can find the savegames at:

C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Germany at War

Thanks and regards,
offbase

Post by offbase »

Well, now I get a game loaded, except it lost one of the objective points -- "Kiev City." Completely DISAPPEARED from the map. You click on its location on the objectives screen, and it takes you to a patch of forest on the far western edge of the map. Occupying those hexes do nothing, either. So, I can't win this part of the campaign, nor progress. I had taken that objective very early in the game.

This is beyond belief. Hours of game time lost.
Just what, exactly, is supposed to be the "improvement" over "Panzer Corps," which never gave me a single problem?

Slitherine, you have a serious bug issue ...
Last edited by offbase on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
offbase

Post by offbase »

RonaldWendt wrote:Hello,
offbase wrote:I am having a big problem loading ANY game ... either loading last game, or a specific game. I just keep getting "please wait" and nothing ever loads.

Any ideas? Please???
the "programm" localization error is simply an error message of the game in a window.

This is very rar though. You state you cannot load any savegames at all - this never happen to anyone else, so it seems this is special.

Can you attach one or better several of those savegames to the forum or send it to wendt@anvil-soft.com , please ?

You can find the savegames at:

C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Germany at War

Thanks and regards,
That's what I figured. The problem now has become, that after a restart, I can load the saved games, but I cannot win them because an objective point has just disappeared from the map. Not just a graphics issue, either. This is absolutely frustrating.

Appreciate your reply. :)
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,

do you play with the update 1.00.65 ? Which campaign or map do you play when this happens ?

Regards,
offbase

Post by offbase »

do you play with the update 1.00.65 ? Which campaign or map do you play when this happens ?

Regards,
Yes, the most recent version. I actually restarted the Operation Barbarossa campaign, and when I got to the same map today ("Battle of Vyazma"), the report indicates that I've taken "Kiev City," yet it is not there (it is replaced with hexes of "Fir Woods""), and I cannot win the game. It sounds like a map corruption issue to me. :(
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,
offbase wrote:

Regards,
Yes, the most recent version. I actually restarted the Operation Barbarossa campaign, and when I got to the same map today ("Battle of Vyazma"), the report indicates that I've taken "Kiev City," yet it is not there (it is replaced with hexes of "Fir Woods""), and I cannot win the game. It sounds like a map corruption issue to me. :(
Could you please either attach as savegame to the forum or send it to wendt@anvil-soft.com ?

Savegames are found here: C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Germany at War

Its odd that it seems the hotfix did not solve this problem, so we have to look into this.

Regards,
offbase

Post by offbase »

offbase wrote:

Regards,
Could you please either attach as savegame to the forum or send it to wendt@anvil-soft.com ?

Savegames are found here: C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Germany at War

Its odd that it seems the hotfix did not solve this problem, so we have to look into this.

Regards,
Sorry, I wasn't aware that the latest version was a hotfix. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted all saved games, updated through the system, then applied the hotfix and restarted the campaign for a third time. I will let you know what, if anything, happens.

Thanks.
RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt »

Hello,

there is no need to restart the whole campaign with a bug like that in GaW. You just need to get to the map before the buggy one. If you then proceed the mended map will load and all shoul dbe fine.

Regards,
offbase

Post by offbase »

Ok, I have finished the Operation Barbarossa campaign, and have two new issues. The first is that after completing the campaign and clicking the button for the main menu, the game becomes unresponsive.

The second is a bit more annoying: at various points during the game, it turns the cursor into a vertical line with projections coming out of it from left-to-right, resembling a comb. This carries over into windows after exiting the program. You cannot even change the cursor in mouse settings to be rid of it; all you can do is restart your computer. My previous issues are, however, resolved.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 : Tech Support”