Nudge nudge nudge

PC/PS Vita/X360/PS3 - Beautiful turn based, squad based combat set during WW2.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Nudge nudge nudge

Post by MrsWargamer »

Epically quiet in here. That and it seems I am the only coming in here.

Any comments would be cool, has this game remained in progress, has it fallen off the tracks, schedules ?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nudge nudge nudge

Post by IainMcNeil »

We've just submitted the PS3 version to Sony Europe so making steady progress!
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Good to hear Ian, I can tell you right now, it is a common sentiment, wargames for consoles? Hmm no they don't exist.

So it will be nice to get a wargame an actual wargame for my PS3.
soulwax
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by soulwax »

'History Legends of War: Patton' (ALL) Gets Release Date

Maximum Games and Slitherine have announced that HISTORY Legends of War: Patton, a turn-based strategy game developed for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 is scheduled to release November 20, 2012. HISTORY Legends of War: Patton allows players to assume the role of General George S. Patton during his legendary WWII campaign. Beginning in August 1944, the game follows Patton's Third US Army starting in and moving from the west of France to the heart of Germany. Players will lead their troops into historical conflicts as they battle their way from the blood soaked beaches of Normandy to the war torn streets of Berlin.

The game features a single player Campaign as well as individual missions, and a local multiplayer Hot Seat mode. Players will be challenged across 21 different missions over 4 unique operations, and command special units including snipers, commandos, fighters, bombers, and more. Mission types include Attack, Defense, Infiltration, and Sabotage. Additionally, throughout the campaign, players earn and apply prestige points to enhance their army and techniques. Prestige is awarded based on players' proficiency in completing missions.

via maximumgames and gamershell
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is for the US retail version only. We're still mastering the PC version so I hope this will be ready for the date!
rf900
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by rf900 »

Interesting, think I will like this game...

No way, has been released in US... I have to wait 3 months... Not sure about the reasons for this but really bad decision.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The reason is the US felt releasing before Christmas would work well but the European partners all wanted to wait till early next year to properly prepare the marketing plan. Different markets work in different ways and we have to listen to our local partners.
rf900

Post by rf900 »

Well it feels like going back in time, I still think for the marketing aspect (game sales) it is a bad move but good luck anyway. I have read a few reviews and would like to play a demo, guess I just have to wait.
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

Hi Iain,

Release date: Will the game be released today 08/03/2013?

All the best
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes it will - it is on sale at retail already!
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

Thanks, downloading now. Thanks.
rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 »

Looks like a nice game. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like once you finish the campaign, that's the end of the game. There's no editor and there's no random generator, there's nothing to stretch the life of the game beyond that initial campaign.
torrone

Post by torrone »

I am assuming that this may be the first in a series of games depicting different famous commanders of WW2. Who's next? Rommel? Guderian? Manstien? Montgomery? I get the feeling any subsequent releases will be separate games and separate buys. While I am enjoying the Patton iteration(even with the annoying camera issues), 21 scenarios makes for a pretty short game with little replayability.

Return to “HISTORY®: Legends of War”