Sovereignty - Crown of Kings

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sovereignty - Crown of Kings

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sovereignty is a new game coming for Q4 2012 developed by the Lordz Games Studio and Gothic labs.

Overview:
Take up the mantle of power and rule your realm. The victor writes History. May the promise of glory and immortality go to you, sovereign. Long may you reign…
The Game in 5 Words or Less: Risk meets Master of Magic.
Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war.
In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game.
Though the game is rich and complex under the hood, it has an approachable and intuitive user interface. The core design has concentrated on streamlining the design and automating "the details", allowing the player to focus on making the "big decisions".
Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.

Important Features:
• Map-view grand strategy game (province system)
• Take on the role of ruler in one of 35 Realms, each with its own flavor, culture and play style
• Multiple Races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Undead
• Recruit Heroes, lead mighty armies and a navy to rules the seas
• Resources, Trade Routes and Landmarks enrich the basic Economy of a Realm.
• Research and cast powerful Realm Magic with 100+ Spells
• Conduct Diplomacy
• Multiplayer
• Highly automated micro management
• Battle Cards
• 100+ unit types, 70+ combat modifiers…
tnourie
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Sovereignty - Crown of Kings

Post by tnourie »

Undead is a race? I thought it was a condition. . .
Thanks,
Tim Nourie
Terrement
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Terrement »

Risk meets Master of Magic.
I was a great fan of the Age of Wonders series, which was sort of the spiritual child of Master of Magic. If this is anything like those in gameplay, I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

JJ
generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo »

Any word about the combat system ?
A global system as in "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" or a more detailed tactical combat like in "Age of Wonders" or "Master of Magic" ?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

We are working hard and have taken in a lot of tips, wishes and feedback and it will be a challenging battle system. That is the best I can give you at this point in time. :wink:
generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo »

I´m eager for testing the beta ;-)
heyhellowhatsnew
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by heyhellowhatsnew »

Any Random maps? I'd also love to test the beta I have had a lot of experience with these games going back to Master of Magic, Age of Wonders series, to Elemental
http://www.oldblacknerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events! Check it out!
Martok
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Martok »

heyhellowhatsnew wrote:Any Random maps? I'd also love to test the beta I have had a lot of experience with these games going back to Master of Magic, Age of Wonders series, to Elemental

I believe the devs said somewhere that it's just one map (like the Total War series), but don't quote me on that.
Athelas2211
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Athelas2211 »

For better playability mods or random maps or other maps like Dominions 4 has it would be great.

Also, steam integration with mods and achievements support would be fantastic.

Last, I think the game is great, quite nice and in many strategic elements similar to Birthright, Gorgon's alliance, but this game would really benefit from another magical layer on it.

Also, when do we get to test beta?
Athelas2211

Post by Athelas2211 »

IainMcNeil wrote:Multiplayer

SOLD!
I just realized!!!!

How are we going to have it - LAN, or player servers?

EDIT: How about add a special layer in game with heroes adventuring? alone or with allies, allies requiring our heroes to help them out to strenghten alliances...
And, how about HAVING the sovereign alive in game with assasinations, marriages etc? invetitures etc... maybe even Councils of counts or something...
Galangalad
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Galangalad »

Sorry to say but there won't be any multiplayer.

Iain's post was from 2012, things have changed since.
redeyedjedi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by redeyedjedi »

I can't wait to spend some of my hard earned cash on this game ;)
Athelas2211

Post by Athelas2211 »

MP is still fantasy come true, maybe in a n expansion=*?
lpgamble

Post by lpgamble »

I'm really liking this game. I get a medieval total war vibe with a Paradox like map and diplomacy, and add in some racial units and resources for special units, I like the tactical combat as well. It has strategy, flare and bonuses for keeping your units together. Is there a forum to report bugs? I've run into a modal window that is not accepting input.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

You can report bugs here (there is a tech support sub forum) or on the steam forum for the game.
Matthew01
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Matthew01 »

heyhellowhatsnew wrote:Any Random maps? I'd also love to test the beta I have had a lot of experience with these games going back to Master of Magic, Age of Wonders series, to Elemental
I think it's better to have one map right now so that all players, especially new ones can get a grasp on how the game works. In the future, it would be kinda cool to have one of "Middle-Earth," but the Tolkien Family can be somewhat nosey and litigious about who uses their copyrighted material.
Chaosforge

Re: Sovereignty - Crown of Kings Release Date?

Post by Chaosforge »

Was Sovereignty actually released someplace other than Steam? The release date here on Slitherine says 9/4/2015. (Note: It also has Starhammer as its online icon vice the Sovereignty box art.) Is this (or will this) game be released anywhere other than Steam? I do not want to waste my money buying something I cannot use. (Not using Steam is a necessity not a choice...before I get fanboy flamed.)

I like the look of the game. Good turn-based games are hard to find. (I travel a lot and need games I can play in remote areas (for long periods of time with no usable bandwidth - and NO, Steam offline mode does not work for the amount of time I am gone from the internet...plus it violates the user agreement by not being connected - per Steam help. Go figure.) - turn-based games work best as I can break between turns and shifts as my schedule dictates)

Please let me know if this game is currently available. Failing that can someone let me know when (or if) it will be available?

Thank you,

Chaosforge
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

The game is currently steam only, but once it leaves Early Access there will be a non-steam version as well (sometime in 2016).
Chaosforge

Post by Chaosforge »

Thanks, Jekky.

I was hoping to pick this up before I travel this month. But, I will wait for it in 2016...it looks worth the wait. The more I see of this game the more I am interested in getting my hands on it. In the interim, I picked up Pike & Shot. It should get me through the next few months while I work and wait.

And, again, thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it as I am set to head out a week from now. I will check in again after the first of the year.

Cheers,

-Chaosforge.
lotharr51

Post by lotharr51 »

So is multiplayer permanently off the table?

Return to “Sovereignty”