FoG Rules 2.0 Now Available as Printed Hardback Book!

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

ScottP
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

FoG Rules 2.0 Now Available as Printed Hardback Book!

Post by ScottP »

Get your copy of the full-color hardback!

We are excited to announce that the updated Field of Glory 2.0 Ancient & Medieval rulebook is now available to pre-order as a hardback book! Copies are expected to ship around the official release date on December 21, 2012.

The print version will be a limited-run version, done in a high-quality and impressive full-color hardback that more than compares to the original. Due to the small initial print run, we recommend pre-ordering ASAP to ensure you don’t miss out! The next print run will not be until 2013.

The Field of Glory tabletop miniatures gaming system caters to wargamers that are interested in recreating the battles fought in Rome, Greece, and other battlefields. Providing a solid rulebook that has been created and tested by gaming experts over 6 years, the Field of Glory gaming system helps players build their historically-accurate army, complete with detailed Osprey artwork and relevant companion army books. With diagrams that show rule examples, troop placements, scale considerations, clear photographs of miniatures, the Field of Glory miniature gaming system is the perfect rulebook for any wargamer.

The digital version of the rules was recently released on iPad, PC and Mac but now those users who prefer a physical copy can get their hands on it.

For more information on the Field of Glory 2.0 Ancient & Medieval rulebook and to preorder a copy, visit the official product page on the Slitherine website.
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: FoG Rules 2.0 Now Available as Printed Hardback Book!

Post by titanu »

Advert wrote:Field of Glory 2.0. Yes it is finally here! This is the updated print cversion of teh rules.
Hope the proof reading of the rules is better than that in the advert!
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

titanu wrote:
Advert wrote:Field of Glory 2.0. Yes it is finally here! This is the updated print cversion of teh rules.
Hope the proof reading of the rules is better than that in the advert!

titanu, the reference is to the c version (ie the third version) of the engagement hierarchy (teh) rules. So the proof reading was satisfactory.
Wally
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Wally »

Hey guys just happened to stop by and saw that there was a new version of the rules out. I did some quick scanning and see that the hardback was kind of a last minute addition. Anyway, I've just placed an order for a copy. A bit pricy ($15 more than I paid for the first ed) but I can understand why being POD. I just wanted to say thanks for not going digital only.

Also, (Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed, but as I said I've only just skimmed the forum.) how does this affect the old army lists. Will there be new books or do the old lists work with the new edition?
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

Wally wrote:Hey guys just happened to stop by and saw that there was a new version of the rules out. I did some quick scanning and see that the hardback was kind of a last minute addition. Anyway, I've just placed an order for a copy. A bit pricy ($15 more than I paid for the first ed) but I can understand why being POD. I just wanted to say thanks for not going digital only.

Also, (Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed, but as I said I've only just skimmed the forum.) how does this affect the old army lists. Will there be new books or do the old lists work with the new edition?
Wally, yes it is good news! There will be army list changes included in the new rules. E.g Romans lose their Skilled swordsmen capability and 1/2 of all Ottoman Timariots must be average. Dominate Roman auxillary must be in BG's of 6 figures rather than 4s.
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

The demise of the Skilled Sword capability has been somewhat exaggerated! It still exists and is compulsory where it was before, although not so effective as it no longer cancels HW POAs. The Dominate and Foederate Romans do have a 6 base minimum BG size for Auxilia with LS though.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The army lists can be used as they are for now but we are making some amendments. At some point we'd like to review the costs of all troop types which is a bigger job and not happening in the immediate future as it effects the rules and all the books.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Thanks for the replies guys. I look forward to seeing how the game has evolved in the new edition!
chubooga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by chubooga »

thanks for going book as well as digital.

I ordered a copy on th elink above... but I got an activation code to download.... I havent pressed it, as I want a hardback book not a download... can you confirm I on the pre order list please.

thanks

jon
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@ chubooga
Write a mail to support@slitherine.co.uk and we will check your order.
Wally

Post by Wally »

chubooga wrote:thanks for going book as well as digital.

I ordered a copy on th elink above... but I got an activation code to download.... I havent pressed it, as I want a hardback book not a download... can you confirm I on the pre order list please.

thanks

jon
My order also gave me an activation code. I just guessed that you got a pdf version as a bonus. However, when I clicked the link it didn't go to a download page.

Getting the code confused me for a sec but I figure its okay because I also got an email notice confirming that a book will be shipped.
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

Wally wrote:
chubooga wrote:thanks for going book as well as digital.

thanks

jon
My order also gave me an activation code. I just guessed that you got a pdf version as a bonus. However, when I clicked the link it didn't go to a download page.

Getting the code confused me for a sec but I figure its okay because I also got an email notice confirming that a book will be shipped.
Same with my order.
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

Wally wrote: I just guessed that you got a pdf version as a bonus.
From what I've read on the tech support thread,I suspect that "not" getting the download is the real bonus ! :twisted:
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

Cynicism at its best
or is that me being cynical?
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
Eques
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Eques »

IainMcNeil wrote:The army lists can be used as they are for now but we are making some amendments. At some point we'd like to review the costs of all troop types which is a bigger job and not happening in the immediate future as it effects the rules and all the books.
You jolly well should, considering how previously crack troops have been degraded.
ShrubMiK
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ShrubMiK »

You're right. Their effectiveness has been downgraded to the point at which the costs would only need to be increased by 2 points per base instead of 4 to correctly represent their cost-effectiveness.

Welcome back :roll:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

To anyone receiving a link when ordering the books I'm sorry we don't know why that happens and we're looking in to it. It is just a bug so please ignore it. Thanks!
rich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rich »

I was surprised it is mandatory that you have to give Plimus a phone number.
Its a case of give me your phone number or we won't sell you a book.
Surely an email address will be enough for such a small transaction.
Anyway they got my number.

Rich
Eques

Post by Eques »

I feel there is now a need to limit the number of falx/rhomphoia men in their respective armies.

Or classify them as something other than "Heavy Weapon". I'm not sure they were really armour busters anway.
Eques

Post by Eques »

ShrubMiK wrote:You're right. Their effectiveness has been downgraded to the point at which the costs would only need to be increased by 2 points per base instead of 4 to correctly represent their cost-effectiveness.
So the problem could have been solved by amending point values!!

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”