Demo version?

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in WW2.

Moderators: doomtrader, Slitherine Core

UnknownSoldier
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Demo version?

Post by UnknownSoldier »

Is there a demo in the works?
doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Demo version?

Post by doomtrader »

No, not at the moment.
We are hoping to have some AARs to be posted soon. so everybody can familiarize with them.
sbdb
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by sbdb »

I'm not going to hand over my cash without knowing what I'm getting and a review or ARR doesn't cut it for me. (note that I'm not the original poster)

No demo, no deal, sorry, but that's how I've always been.
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Insert rude offensive remarks here :)

Oh come on man, this isn't WitE at 90 bucks and do I really want this game, it's the cost of lunch at best.

The game is the equal of Strategic Command and Commander Europe at War (both have design gaffes, both are great to play all the same).

The argument that an AAR isn't good enough is a bit silly too.

Personally I think a demo for a 15 dollar game is a peculiar waste of time and resources.

I personally think the price tag is TOO LOW, as a ridiculously low price only makes the buyer suspicious. We are conditioned to think nothing worth anything is given away unless it's schlock.

But hey it's their game their decision, and it is your money and your choice. But don't expect all of us to be out here going 'yeah he's right, what about that demo?', some of us are out here laughing at how some wargamers are the definition of cheap.
TerryV6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TerryV6 »

sbdb wrote:I'm not going to hand over my cash without knowing what I'm getting and a review or ARR doesn't cut it for me. (note that I'm not the original poster)

No demo, no deal, sorry, but that's how I've always been.
Sorry, but if you've played any Slitherine games, you know you are not wasting your money and at 14 bucks, it's a give away.
If you go to Gamespot, you can find a good 25 min. Video where the user plays the game and you can get the feel of it. Disregard the comments underneath, I didn't see a lot of thought go into the criticism. Top notch graphics don't always make the game. I have fond memories of many so called 80s games...

Terry
unikey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by unikey »

I'm also in the camp that won't buy without a demo. It doesn't matter if its WiTE at $90 or SWiE at $15 I've been burn't to often in the past.

The best way to get a demo from Slitherine is to beta test upcoming titles
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

There are plenty of videos for this game on youtube. It's a cool game and worth every cent.
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

Judging from the whopping 7 posts, looks like their was a reason no demo was released. By the way, this "gem", which does look cool, can be had for about $9 now.
As there is no support base of customers, and no instructions for the editor...I guess I`ll wait for the demo.
By the way Mrs Canada, there is a big difference between a good $15 game, and a bad one. If you want companies to churn out bad ones, then keep plunking your lunch money down, and buy them without trying them first.

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”