rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 »

Morris wrote:
rkr1958 wrote:
Morris wrote:
It is really the first time I found these changes (288-304). Did these changes sent us as a patch ? Why I receive nothing about that ? :o
They were made after the official beta testing had ended and were only included in the final file set sent to Slitherine for the installer. Though, this file set was available and downloaded by several folks and so the changes got out there. Sorry for any confusion; but we were doing our best to wrap things up and get the files to Slitherine.
No problem sir ! We have been waiting for the final official GS2.1 release for a long time ! Will it be released in this week ?
I doubt it. After they build the installer then we need to test it out and compare the file set to the file set we gave them to build it with. But; I can say that a number of folks are looking at it including the marketing guys. So, I'd say barring any unforeseen issues we're talking weeks (2 or 3 hopefully).
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

rkr1958 wrote:I doubt it. After they build the installer then we need to test it out and compare the file set to the file set we gave them to build it with. But; I can say that a number of folks are looking at it including the marketing guys. So, I'd say barring any unforeseen issues we're talking weeks (2 or 3 hopefully).
Oh , my god ! My chinese friends will kill me since I have told them 3 times of the final release time ! I will try to do the fourth time , but god bless not to delay again!
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

it would be useful to know where the files are supposed to go - some of us are very poor at installation!

me for one who is very sick of install/uninstall/file copy - very

so please where do the non folder files go?

pretty please
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

richardsd wrote:it would be useful to know where the files are supposed to go - some of us are very poor at installation!

pretty please
I really don't understand what you're asking. There's a set of manual install instructions that I emailed out to all the beta testers. If you can't find them then PM or email me and I'll send them to you again.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Morris wrote:
rkr1958 wrote:I doubt it. After they build the installer then we need to test it out and compare the file set to the file set we gave them to build it with. But; I can say that a number of folks are looking at it including the marketing guys. So, I'd say barring any unforeseen issues we're talking weeks (2 or 3 hopefully).
Oh , my god ! My chinese friends will kill me since I have told them 3 times of the final release time ! I will try to do the fourth time , but god bless not to delay again!
Why tell your friends any release date when we don't even know of a date ourselves? We have no idea how long Slitherine will need to make the installer. Once it's made we need to test it in the beta group. When it can be installed without issues then we can tell Slitherine to go ahead with making the official release.

I think you underestimate the time it takes to release an official version even if the files are frozen. E. g. Slitherine needs to alter the vanilla game installation so GS v2.1 is installed as well. They need to make this available on their WEB page for purchase. They need to create promo information they can put on their WEB site and so on.

So all we can stay is that GS v2.1 has been delivered to Slitherine and they are working on making the installer. We can't give you an exact release date because we don't know. Based upon earlier releases I would hope GS v2.1 can be downloaded by the public some time in June, but that's just my guess and provided that there aren't any issues with the installer.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

richardsd wrote:it would be useful to know where the files are supposed to go - some of us are very poor at installation!

pretty please
Slitherine will soon have the official installer ready for beta test. Maybe it's a good idea to wait for this installer and download it. The purpose of the installer is to put the files in the correct position without knowing where they should be.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:
Morris wrote:
Why tell your friends any release date when we don't even know of a date ourselves? We have no idea how long Slitherine will need to make the installer. Once it's made we need to test it in the beta group. When it can be installed without issues then we can tell Slitherine to go ahead with making the official release.

I think you underestimate the time it takes to release an official version even if the files are frozen. E. g. Slitherine needs to alter the vanilla game installation so GS v2.1 is installed as well. They need to make this available on their WEB page for purchase. They need to create promo information they can put on their WEB site and so on.

So all we can stay is that GS v2.1 has been delivered to Slitherine and they are working on making the installer. We can't give you an exact release date because we don't know. Based upon earlier releases I would hope GS v2.1 can be downloaded by the public some time in June, but that's just my guess and provided that there aren't any issues with the installer.
I get it sir ! Just hope it release in June !
amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel »

Morris,

You can find a complete list of all changes in the GS 2.1 Manual.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

amcdonel wrote:Morris,

You can find a complete list of all changes in the GS 2.1 Manual.
Yes , I did it & prepare the Chinese translation for our Chinese fans . :)
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

ok, so when I apply the files to my beta build it works - so thats an old build, built up with all the patches (on a WIN 7 laptop)

when I do it on my XP PC it doesn't work - thats a brand new clean install from the CD (so GOLD with 2.0 expansion included)

different file structures but given I put the new mod onto the old 2.0 mod I wouldn't expect that would make a difference
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

richardsd wrote:ok, so when I apply the files to my beta build it works - so thats an old build, built up with all the patches (on a WIN 7 laptop)

when I do it on my XP PC it doesn't work - thats a brand new clean install from the CD (so GOLD with 2.0 expansion included)

different file structures but given I put the new mod onto the old 2.0 mod I wouldn't expect that would make a difference
So what folder are you copying the files into? They should be copied into the "Grand Strategy Mod" folder. Can you take screen caps of what you've done and post them?
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

rkr1958 wrote:
richardsd wrote:ok, so when I apply the files to my beta build it works - so thats an old build, built up with all the patches (on a WIN 7 laptop)

So what folder are you copying the files into? They should be copied into the "Grand Strategy Mod" folder. Can you take screen caps of what you've done and post them?
sure - might take a bit though as have to take no 1 daughter to swimming soon
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

here we go, did exactly the same on my laptop, but file structure is slightly different - shot will follow for that

richardsd

Post by richardsd »

here is the file structure for my laptop, this works fine

same process for copying the files

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

So on your PC it looks like you're copying the GSv2.10 file set over the top of the vanilla game (i.e., you're copying the file set into the "Military History Commander - Europe at War" folder and not into the "Grand Strategy Mod" folder. It that's what you're doing that's fine; but you need to run GSv2.10 by launching your vanilla game and not the expansion.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

rkr1958 wrote:So on your PC it looks like you're copying the GSv2.10 file set over the top of the vanilla game (i.e., you're copying the file set into the "Military History Commander - Europe at War" folder and not into the "Grand Strategy Mod" folder. It that's what you're doing that's fine; but you need to run GSv2.10 by launching your vanilla game and not the expansion.

sadly no, it launches vanilla as expected

why do think its over the vanilla when the files system is the GS Mod?

I will have another ferret to see if there are more folders
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

ok, maybe I see what you are on about, i will have a check but it seems weird that vanilla and 2,0 run

thanks for all assistance so far!
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

argh - no

so I put it into the Grand Strategy Mod/Grand StrategyMod folder

but still no joy - weird really
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

If it were me then I would:

1. Blow away this area and start over.

2. Only install CEaW The Military History version.

3. Make sure that version is up to 1.12.

4. The copy the GSv2.10 pre installer file set over the top of the MH version.

5. Play the game from there.
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

Think I found a bug - Axis controls all of England, including Cardiff. I landed a US Inf adjacent to the coal mine. Next turn I moved onto the coal mine and the port suddenly became available to land an an allied unit though the Germans still have a GAR in Cardiff. At the end of the turn the unit was destroyed in port.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”