Megiddo

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Megiddo

Post by batesmotel »

Currently this scenario favors the Canaanites too heavily for multi-player play. The combination of superior Canaanite numbers plus the superior terrain makes it nearly impossible for the Egyptians. At a minimum it would be worth while to upgrade the Egyptian archers from poor to average (which is how they are classified in the TT lists any way). Thutmose III should probably also be rated as an IC given his historical track record.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Megiddo

Post by deeter »

I fully concur with Chris. Don't know why the big ridge when my accounts say the terrain was flat. Also, bow LCh can't do much against jav LCh.

Deeter
redcoat2
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by redcoat2 »

batesmotel wrote:At a minimum it would be worth while to upgrade the Egyptian archers from poor to average (which is how they are classified in the TT lists any way). Thutmose III should probably also be rated as an IC given his historical track record.
Agree with this. Thutmose III was supposedly the Egyptian Napoleon.

I've seen several maps of the battle. They all vary to some extent. Here is the map from a GMT Games board game Chariots of Fire:
Attachments
megiddo.gif
megiddo.gif (168.96 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

From a non-historical point of view , it is a very uneven match , the superior number and the terrain
are way too much for the Egyptians to win this , especially with all the poor quality archers.

and this was my first match against bates that i have won , so something is astray....

:twisted:

Ian
Gersen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Gersen »

iandavidsmith wrote: and this was my first match against bates that i have won , so something is astray....

:twisted:

Ian
Ditto ;)

Return to “Old Beta Test”