Scenario Comments

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Gersen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Scenario Comments

Post by Gersen »

Enjoying the Battlepack immensely. No bugs to date. Couple of scenario comments:

Hastings - just brilliant. Nicely balanced. Reasonable challenge in SP when playing Anglo-Saxons. Just toe to toe battling, but you get a real feel for a shield wall in it. Will there be any special rules for Shield Walls in Wolves?

Leutra - no challenge whatsoever when playing as Thebans. All those Poor quality Spartans just get picked off as they refuse to move to the battle. Would recommend some serious rebalancing.

Mortgarten - as the author says - no real challenge.
sullafelix

Re: Scenario Comments

Post by sullafelix »

I agree with the above poster. I was hoping to have a good replay of Leuctra and was surprised It was easy for thebes.Hastings was well done.
keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith »

Leutra: Made some small changes to the Spartan generals troop quality. So it should be more balanced. Keith
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Callinicum - MP - well balanced - no issues.

Degastan - SP - an enjoyable scenario, but the Dai Raitan horse on their left flank refused to move. I just moved up my javelinmen the whole scenario and slowly knocked them off. I guess it was a terrain issue for the AI.

Elephant victory - SP - well balanced and enjoyable scenario - no issues.

Crecy - SP - Doesn't work if playing the English - which is a shame. The French AI takes forever to get into position.
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Meggido - MP - very enjoyable challenge, though weighted too heavily against the Egyptians (presumably to make it a challenging game in SP when playing them).

Hastings - MP - ditto. A similar confrontation to Meggido in a way, with the Normans having to beat the Anglo Saxons up a hill. However, the AS are too strong in MP, and don't have to stay on the hill to win!

I feel that both scenarios are better SP ones than MP.

Saving Jerusalem - SP - A host of spelling mistakes in the description. Presumably not Sabratha's first language :). Too few turns for such a large battlefield. Suggest about 25. As Egyptian, I opted to run for the hills, and it was just getting interesting when the 15 turn limit finished.
keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith »

Made a few updates, based on the above notes, to the live scenarios.
Thanks
Keith
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

1.7.5 St. Matthews Day
Estonian skirmishers are classed as MF but use LF image. Probably should be LF. Pete?

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

keithmartinsmith wrote:Leutra: Made some small changes to the Spartan generals troop quality. So it should be more balanced. Keith
Replayed. Honestly did not see much improvement. I lost 2 BP this time! I think you need to make all those poor quality troops average to make it a decent fight. or (better still) improve the mobility of poor troops. All this milling about doing nothing in scenarios is quite frustrating :) !!!

Return to “Old Beta Test”