Commander - The Great War Announced!

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Hammer4000
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Hammer4000 »

Hey Lordz whats the news? i haven't saw anything new come up 4 awhile, If i remember a recent post awhile back, said something about you guys were kinda working on the AI for the time being. Hope you get that figured out,that was always a flaw 4 CEAW & Nap.

Hope the Action/Reaction method 4 the AI works pretty good,cheers!
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Next week we start with the first test group of selected pre-Beta testers, from than on we will crank out new builds every two weeks.

Beta recruitment will start end of this months, and we will go into official Beta end of April.

Depending on bugs, balancing, feedback it is one straight line from Beta to Gold, from experience we count on around 8 weeks from the beginning of Beta to get the game into a finished Gold state.

This is our battle plan for CTGW.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ :wink:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

lordzimoa wrote: Depending on bugs, balancing, feedback it is one straight line from Beta to Gold, from experience we count on around 8 weeks from the beginning of Beta to get the game into a finished Gold state.
This, Panzer Corps, Deus Ex:HR, The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2... I'll be happily bankrupt in May.
Hammer4000

Post by Hammer4000 »

not sure if this had been answered or not i tried looking around the Forum for it but no luck. My question is-Will the Commander's be able to die this time?Since the last two series they never did just got hurt very badly & alot of turns to wait, maybe some random variables is involved or something.

hasta la vista baby
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

they won't die. Main reason is that in reality there would be plenty of alternatives to replace generals while the games only offer a few in total. So you would run our fast which is unrealistic. Additionally in CTGW we feature to highest rank army commanders, which would never be placed near the frontline. At best they would get captured, but not killed.
Hammer4000

Post by Hammer4000 »

cool well i was just wondering how it would be done,thanks 4 the reply
Bleddyn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Bleddyn »

I have to say I am really excited about this I have waiting for a good Great War game... Please have a MAC version ...
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

MAC version will happen, but not until PC version is done. I can't tell you how long that'll take tho. Might be one month after PC version, might be more. Time will tell.
Hammer4000

Post by Hammer4000 »

Other then the declare war button & seeing ZOC

Will the main map have something easy for the eyes, this way you can your & enemy's ZOC. From some of the screenshots i saw, there was a thin brown line between the nations.Thats the front line? thought maybe a little briter in respect with the Maps look. Hell a basic red line is good, thats allways a common
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

What does the player control in the game? Each country in part or all countries that are part of an alliance?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Mark50 wrote:What does the player control in the game? Each country in part or all countries that are part of an alliance?
all countries that are part of an alliance. Their units, research, etc.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Either the Central Powers or Entente Allies, meaning every nation that joins the alliance.
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

So basically there are 2 factions(Entente and Central Powers) to play if I understand correctly. But how does it work in terms of the countries that joined the war later on? Like the USA, Italy, Romania etc.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

When a nation joins your alliance you gain control over it. When it surrenders you lose control. Nations can join your side either based on diplomatic events or if your opponent declares war on them.
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

adherbal wrote:When a nation joins your alliance you gain control over it. When it surrenders you lose control. Nations can join your side either based on diplomatic events or if your opponent declares war on them.
I see. That`s interesting. But does it develop historically or randomly? I.e. is there a possibility that the US will join the central powers? Also, I take it there`s no possibility to play a non aligned country and decide which alliance to join or not?
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Commander - The Great War Announced!

Post by MajVonRyan »

Looking forward to this game, I have always had an interest in the first World War, as my grandfather served as a stretcher bearer in the Australian 8th Field Ambulance. If you ever visit Australia visit the Australian War Memorial in Canbarra: website http://www.awm.gov.au/

The link below is to a picture of stretcher bearers from the 8th, my grandfather is not in the picture but he would have served along side these men. Note: the landscape or lack of: France 08/08/1918.

http://cas.awm.gov.au/item/E02863 or http://www.awm.gov.au/collection/images ... E02863.jpg
Stretcher bearers belonging to 8th Australian Field ambulance waiting in shell holes. These men were immediately behind 8th Brigade Battalions and advanced with them. These men were waiting between Villers-Bretonneux behind Warfusee during the interval between the first and second attacks about 8 a.m. They moved off almost at once to advance with the other troops. The tank is one of those detached to assist in the final stages of the attack near Harbonnieres. Direction of attack is to the right. Identified: Private (Pte) S. Smith (7); 18701 Pte J. Baird (8); Pte C. Nurthew (10); Pte Colley-Priest (11); Pte Steer (12); Corporal Hall (13); Pte Ford (15). Map Ref. (1:40,000) 62D.P27.D20.60. See E02863K for position of those named in this caption.
Last edited by MajVonRyan on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
advls

Post by advls »

All that great tools I love.
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

Great game and enjoy against another player on-line :)

Return to “Commander - The Great War”