Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Bug Reports

Post by adiekmann »

I'd like to happily report that the issues that I have long been experiencing with severe freezes and lags are largely gone! I am now in AO45 and realized that even since the D-Day scenario in AO44 I had not a single lag the entire scenario. I am using the same hardware setup and settings that I've been using since the game's release. Sometimes load times are a bit long, but that I can easily live with. I thought you'd like to know.

Thank you!!
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

adiekmann wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:26 pm I'd like to happily report that the issues that I have long been experiencing with severe freezes and lags are largely gone! I am now in AO45 and realized that even since the D-Day scenario in AO44 I had not a single lag the entire scenario. I am using the same hardware setup and settings that I've been using since the game's release. Sometimes load times are a bit long, but that I can easily live with. I thought you'd like to know.

Thank you!!
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114083

could u grab the scenario in that thread and let me know ur loading time?

sers,
Thomas
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Grondel wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:05 pm
adiekmann wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:26 pm I'd like to happily report that the issues that I have long been experiencing with severe freezes and lags are largely gone! I am now in AO45 and realized that even since the D-Day scenario in AO44 I had not a single lag the entire scenario. I am using the same hardware setup and settings that I've been using since the game's release. Sometimes load times are a bit long, but that I can easily live with. I thought you'd like to know.

Thank you!!

sers,
Thomas
Sure I can, but I need some clarification first. Is that Kiev scenario file part of the AO42 campaign, or part of one of your mod campaigns? Or is it a standalone scenario? In other words, where do you want me to copy it to and open it. I've already downloaded it so I'll just wait for your reply.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

adiekmann wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:46 am

Thank you!!

sers,
Thomas
Sure I can, but I need some clarification first. Is that Kiev scenario file part of the AO42 campaign, or part of one of your mod campaigns? Or is it a standalone scenario? In other words, where do you want me to copy it to and open it. I've already downloaded it so I'll just wait for your reply.
open it via the editor.
It will replace the 3 kiev scenarios of the PC1 remake mod and turn those 3 10 turn scenarios in 1 big operation. It´s only the terrain atm no units placed, no briefing etc. just want to check that loading times are okish. eastern europe maps seem to have significant longer loading times than the other areas.

sers,
Thomas
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Grondel wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 am
adiekmann wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:46 am

sers,
Thomas
open it via the editor.
It will replace the 3 kiev scenarios of the PC1 remake mod and turn those 3 10 turn scenarios in 1 big operation. It´s only the terrain atm no units placed, no briefing etc. just want to check that loading times are okish. eastern europe maps seem to have significant longer loading times than the other areas.

sers,
Thomas
I opened it in the game's editor and it did so immediately - no delay. Is that what you wanted me to do? Even when I worked on the Spain campaign for Storm Over Europe, I don't remember experiencing any delays in opening up scenarios in the editor, only in the actually game.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

adiekmann wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:02 am I opened it in the game's editor and it did so immediately - no delay. Is that what you wanted me to do? Even when I worked on the Spain campaign for Storm Over Europe, I don't remember experiencing any delays in opening up scenarios in the editor, only in the actually game.
In the top left corner of the editor is a play button. Hit that please and come again. :)

sers,
Thomas
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Grondel wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:38 am
adiekmann wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:02 am I opened it in the game's editor and it did so immediately - no delay. Is that what you wanted me to do? Even when I worked on the Spain campaign for Storm Over Europe, I don't remember experiencing any delays in opening up scenarios in the editor, only in the actually game.
In the top left corner of the editor is a play button. Hit that please and come again. :)

sers,
Thomas
Alright, I did it and indeed it took forever! Longer than any map/scenario that I have ever opened before. I timed it on my phone the second time and it came to 1:37! That's one minute and 37 seconds, not one hour! :lol:
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

adiekmann wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:03 pm Alright, I did it and indeed it took forever! Longer than any map/scenario that I have ever opened before. I timed it on my phone the second time and it came to 1:37! That's one minute and 37 seconds, not one hour! :lol:
Ok, ur measurment of forever seems to be in my reasonable loading time bracket. :)

thx for the feedback.

sers,
Thomas
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

When a unit switches to something else the name in the info-pop up is updated but not the name in the unit-overview at the bottom of the screen. The game does not realize that the unit now has a new name and still identifies it with the old name. this causes issues in LUA when trying to identify the unit.

sers,
Thomas
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Undo a Rebase action will not set the Rebase action to available, the unit has to be deselected first and selected again.
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

How do you use the V2 Rocket in 1946 Campaign? Sorry i just asking cause all its doing is sitting these and i can not attack the enemy with it please help.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:21 am How do you use the V2 Rocket in 1946 Campaign? Sorry i just asking cause all its doing is sitting these and i can not attack the enemy with it please help.
It's a range 10 artillery unit, just get it into range and attack like normal arty. The unit has 0 naval attack value, so you can't target ships with it (maybe to avoid your invervention into the early naval battle scenarios?).
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:29 am
CaptainRope1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:21 am How do you use the V2 Rocket in 1946 Campaign? Sorry i just asking cause all its doing is sitting these and i can not attack the enemy with it please help.
It's a range 10 artillery unit, just get it into range and attack like normal arty. The unit has 0 naval attack value, so you can't target ships with it (maybe to avoid your invervention into the early naval battle scenarios?).
That make sense thank you
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Perplexing anomalous DisFunctionality???:

Recently!... on "Several Occasions"... i have had ground and air units for some unknown undisclosed inexplicable reason just instantly lose their "Functionality".

For example!...
My "Anti-Air" unit even though it is provided with ground transportation... will inadvertently be 'Unable' to continue its normal movement capabilities. Instead... it will now only be able to move only "One-Hex-At-A-Time" per game-turn. Also... at the same time... it's ability to fire on enemy aircraft is completely disabled.

This predicament is similar for "Aircraft... and other Ground-Units". What is causing this "HangUp???".
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Minus slot bug, the approach is as follows:

1. During Deployment Phase, deploy a unit with Overstrength, make sure the unit has no Zero Slot or Reduced Slot hero on it.
2. Apply Reduced Slot heroes to the unit. While the unit status panel only shows one trait, effect of this trait actually stacks, so for each hero applied the unit takes up less slots. You can tell that by watching the change of scenario unit slot limit counter.
3. Undeploy the unit from map. The slot counter will lose half the amount of slots taken, since it thinks the unit only has one Reduced Slot trait and should release half of the number, but the unit actually takes less than that, so you get minus slot in the end.
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:54 am Minus slot bug, the approach is as follows:

1. During Deployment Phase, deploy a unit with Overstrength, make sure the unit has no Zero Slot or Reduced Slot hero on it.
2. Apply Reduced Slot heroes to the unit. While the unit status panel only shows one trait, effect of this trait actually stacks, so for each hero applied the unit takes up less slots. You can tell that by watching the change of scenario unit slot limit counter.
3. Undeploy the unit from map. The slot counter will lose half the amount of slots taken, since it thinks the unit only has one Reduced Slot trait and should release half of the number, but the unit actually takes less than that, so you get minus slot in the end.
Thats around since SCW, cool u noticed now, too. :)

Main reason for the "Remove all heroes in first scenario"- script that is in SoE and PC1 -remake.

sers,
Thomas
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

I reinstalled PC2 to give it another chance after few years of patching:
I almost thought I could give it its 4th star (on 5): it's still a medium game, due to bugs and unbalanced scenario and campaigns.

_ 40' campaign is far easier than 39, so I prefered in 40 taking the default army than my poor 39 end one
_ start of 40 is not made for enemy heroes (like Provocation on north parachutists which kill them all as they can't take the town to reinforce)
_ no more troops for air and mountain infantry in 40 campaign, when chosing limited units
_ lack of informations about features, like using the drawbacks of our general (no warning about many upgrades we still have, like on the limited 3)
_ I still play on strategical map, using tactical only to better aim in air combat
_ maybe name of towns should be more tweaked rather than seeing them or not: they are anoying hiding units
Or give the town name a different set than for unit option
_ ... (I forgot other)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

M4A3(105)

No graphic difference in gun elevation when switching modes (artillery or tank) for this unit:

M4A3(105) Tank.jpg
M4A3(105) Tank.jpg (236.16 KiB) Viewed 487 times

M4A3(105) Artillery.jpg
M4A3(105) Artillery.jpg (181.66 KiB) Viewed 487 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Bridge Engineers

It would be logical for the mobile bridge to be destroyed when the unit dies :

Bridge Engineers.png
Bridge Engineers.png (699.75 KiB) Viewed 390 times
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

EDIT3: All is good when it's not winter and the landing area behind the bridge is not too rough...
EDIT2: Actually few trucks (using wheels, movement 8 ) can't pass my bridge.
[ EDIT: Some transports can, but they have to take the bridge perpendiculary to the river... ]
In escape from Stalingrad scenario, transport blue trucks can't take the bridge I put, other units can, leaving the trucks behind and losing the game...
What a surprise that my trick went tricked.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”