Slitherine to take on the future development of Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MarcoT.
Slitherine
Slitherine

Slitherine to take on the future development of Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

Post by MarcoT. »

Slitherine is pleased to announce that it will now lead the development of all future content for Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector. The leading strategy publisher has acquired the rights to the game’s engine and will work collaboratively with other developers to produce DLC broader in scope than anything released before.

Black Lab Games originally developed the game and the first six faction DLCs, as well as a wealth of new features and game modes between 2021 and 2024. The studio’s relationship with Slitherine dates back to 2015, with the release of Star Hammer: the Vanguard Prophecy on PC. Moving forward, Black Lab Games will work on new projects that are still to be announced.

Marco Minoli, Director of Publishing at Slitherine, said: “With Battlesector, Black Lab Games created one of the most tactically rich and comprehensive strategy games within the Warhammer 40,000 universe, which is still enjoyed by thousands of players today.
We’d like to express our deepest gratitude to Black Lab Games for its hard work and unwavering dedication to the project over the last few years.
"

Looking to the future, Battlesector will remain a key title within Slitherine’s portfolio, and we’re excited to expand upon the game in new and exciting ways that players have yet to experience. We’d encourage fans to keep an eye out on the Battlesector Steam page and our social media channels for the very latest developments”.

Paul Turbett, CEO and Creative Director at Black Lab Games, said: “Having the opportunity to develop a game set in the iconic Warhammer 40,000 universe has been an amazing experience. We at Black Lab Games are grateful to Games Workshop for letting us play in their universe, to the players who have joined us on the journey so far, and to Slitherine for making it all possible. I can't wait to see where the game goes from here, and I'm confident it's in safe hands and has a bright future”.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Slitherine to take on the future development of Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector

Post by Bee1976 »

MarcoT. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm and will work collaboratively with other developers to produce DLC broader in scope than anything released before.
Good News! But first things first:
BlackLab Games created an amazing game! Battlesector is graphicwise awesome. Gameplaywise the basecampaign is highly immersive (for me) and was a fun and challenging ride for many many hours.
So many thx to BlackLab for this great game.

The point why i still consider the change as good news and especially the quoted part ist, that im a pure PVE player. Im not into skirmishes and the PS feels (again for me) like a chain of skirmishes without any story, so im not into them aswell. The system itself is ok, and improved over the time.
But now i can at least have some hopes for more campaigns and story. So good news for me :D

Return to “News & Announcements”