Panzer Corps on iPad shop back online

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MikoSh
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Panzer Corps on iPad shop back online

Post by MikoSh »

Shortly after iPad version of Panzer Corps got delisted from App store last year I've noticed that the in-game shop stopped working. I was waiting on some deals to grab the Panzer Corps Gold Edition upgrade there, but the deal have never arrived, so I have been left with base game which I've already beaten and regrets, that I haven't just bought all the add-ons at full price, while it was still possible.

Today, without much hope, I've just launched the game on the iPad again and... the shop is back online. I was able to buy the Gold Edition upgrade and get all the content. I'm posting it here, since I've already lost hope that I will be able to get and play all the DLCs on iPad (which is in my opinion by far the most convenient platform for this game) but my prayers have been answered :D

Huge thanks for devs for fixing it but it's a shame that you are still asking like 80 USD for a full game on iPad, that on Steam costs 30 ;)

P.S. Bring the Pazner Corps 2 to the iPad as well!
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer Corps on iPad shop back online

Post by rubyjuno »

Thanks for letting us know. I also have the base game on an old iPad mini.

Which version of the iPad are you playing on, and does Panzer Corps run without problems?
MikoSh

Post by MikoSh »

@rubyjuno I run it on 2021 iPad Pro with M1 and it works like a charm :)
rubyjuno

Post by rubyjuno »

MikoSh wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:38 pm @rubyjuno I run it on 2021 iPad Pro with M1 and it works like a charm :)
Thanks MikoSh, that's good to know :D
rubyjuno

Post by rubyjuno »

Hi MikoSh,

Thanks to your original post at the top, I've taken the plunge and upgraded my old iPad 2 mini to a 2022 iPad 10. Setting up my new model was easy, all I had to do was hold the two iPads in Bluetooth range and the new one took all my settings from the old one! I was a bit apprehensive the first time I started Panzer Corps on the iPad 10, but it worked fine. To this 60 year old, the bigger screen is a big improvement.

I already had the base game, Allied Corps and Operation Sea Lion on my iPad 2 (although at some point Allied Corps disappeared) but wanted Panzer Corps Gold before it disappeared forever. One of the great features of the iPad is that it can restore anything you've bought previously, even if it's not actively on the store. So I went to the shop in-game and bought the Gold version. After a little hoop jumping (I hadn't bought anything from the App Store for years so my details were out of date), all the DLCs have appeared on my new iPad. Yippee!

As you say, it's a great platform to play this game. I posted this as I wanted to say a big thanks to you for posting the original message which persuaded me to go for it, and maybe encourage others who had given up on the iPad version. In the UK, Panzer Corps Gold costs £59.99 for the iPad version. If I get as much time out of it as I have the PC/Steam version (over 1500 hours and plenty still to go at), that's incredible value for money, even including the cost of the iPad!

Thanks again, MikoSh, and here's to many hours of Panzer Corps to come :D

Return to “Panzer Corps”