Joystick problem

PC : fast paced WWII flying game with emphasis on fun.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Joystick problem

Post by rich12545 »

I've been spending the last few days learning and trying to get my joystick figured out. Problem is if I use the joystick software to use the programmable buttons for AE it screws up flight simulator so I can't do that. However, I can use the joystick without using the software but nothing works except moving the aircraft. For everything else I have to use the keyboard. No problem except I'm left handed so I use the joystick with my right hand and almost all the keys are on the right hand side. For example, to accelerate the left shift doesn't work. It would help a lot if there's a way to reprogram the keys to the left side but I didn't see anything and it's probably not available for common use. But it might be available somehow from the dev. There might be a way that we don't know about. Iain, is there a way you could check into it?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately it's not possible and I dont think the developer is keen on making any changes to the code at this stage. They are already well in to the next project.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Well of course I'm not trying to get the dev to change the code. That would be silly.

It would be nice though if the three joystick buttons worked as advertised but they don't. In any case it's a minor inconvenience that I'll just have to live with.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

They do on the hardware it was tested with but as you know PC's all have their own behaviour and some hardware may not have been tested and compatability issues do crop up. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Return to “Airstrike Eagles of WWII”