Any thoughts about Airstrike?

PC : fast paced WWII flying game with emphasis on fun.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

EagleMountainDK
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Any thoughts about Airstrike?

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Its very silent in this forum. Anybody playing?

How is it? How does it compare to Wings of Prey?
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

The game has only just released and the only info available are the quick summary and some screens. It looks decent, but I am not buying before I can get more info.
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Total silence.... :D
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Not the best way of promoting your game is it?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm not familiar with Wings of Prey so can't comment. Hopefully some players will start commenting on what they think. I really enjoy it - its fan and fast paced. Not a flight sim, but more of a good fun game.
lpgamble
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lpgamble »

I'm having fun with it. I'd like to see the P-47 manueverability hampered just a bit :)
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

I downloaded the demo got hooked and bought the game :oops:
So far its been a fun game to play. I am not that thrilled with the P51 though, find its damage is low and does not take much abuse. The P47 is my fave killer so far.
Nice graphics easy to fly with a mouse, just a fun addictive game. Looking forward to the promised updates
BudaKhan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by BudaKhan »

Ditto with Deadtorius. I miss rudder controls and being able to immelman, but it's gameplay is fun. The missions are fun. Online scoreboard is cool. Should be $10 less in price at this point, but if they throw in the freebies like they say, it'll probably be worth the money in the end. I had a hard time quitting my first play of it. Just kept taking the next mission.
muddpuddle
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by muddpuddle »

Fun demo. Forum is awful quiet.
Just bought Battlefield Academy from Slitherine so Airstrike will have to wait. A $10 price drop or sale (as stated above) would certainly make a quick purchase more justifiable for me. For now, this game will have to reside quietly in the back of my mind.
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Just bought BBC Battlefield Academy, and you would think the LAST thing I would do is go check out another new game :)

But the demo sure is convincing.

I got a laugh out of playing it for a few minutes, and what can I say, ya it's arcady but they SAY it is arcady hehe so you can't blame them eh :)

If this non flight sim type can actually play it, then it can't be too bad. Not sure I'd ever be any good though.

It made me think of Panzer Elite Action, simple honest fun and don't fret over the fact that it's goofy, it's the goofy that makes it fun.

I will need to play the demo a bit longer to see if I really need this one.

But I give it a thumbs up for being a game I can at least demo and not get completely flustered in the attempt.

Return to “Airstrike Eagles of WWII”