To Forge an Empire

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

DarkOmen
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: To Forge an Empire

Post by DarkOmen »

OK..you were transposing 'Year' for 'Season'...through me for a loop.

So with 3 games under my belt and starting the 4th, this is STILL season 1 so I am ok to use my regular army....I take it SOMEONE will announce when the next season starts as you get more troops. The way I am reading it...you said you have used 2 armies out of your region and have to be careful to have an army left after 3 seasons.

I thought each SEASON you would play 4 games (at least that was the way we started). You could use 1 particular army 3 times but the 4th you had to use your Merc army. you are saying I can either use my Merc army or CHANGE armies to another in my region ( the way I read it), subtle difference but a rellay big one!
ericdoman1
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by ericdoman1 »

Sorry GB I got it wrong first time but this does explain it (and stop confusing me as well:))

Any list may be used in each attack (with the exception of the mercenary list which can be used once per season) and can be tailored as required; army composition is not fixed in any way. A non-mercenary list can be used for no more than three consecutive seasons - it must then be 'rested' for at least one active season (Spring, Summer, Autumn). A player may attack twice per season.

You do not have to use the Merc list (in my case the Gupta's) at all but you must change it each winter

I am guessing we attack twice and defend twice per season.

There are 4 seasons in a year. The active seasons (that is when we attack or defend and generally were the historical times of the year when abttles took place) are Spring, Summer and Autum. Winter is resting time

If you used Class Spartan in year1 in each season (three consecutive seasons), you can not use it again in Spring, year 2 but you can then use it again in Summer year 2

So year 1

Spring Attacked x 2 with Class Spartans, defend x 2 with class spartans

Summer, as Spring

Autums, as above

Winter is a nona ctive season, nothing happens

Year 2

Spring you have to use a different army to the Class Spartans as you used them in 3 consecutive active seasons

Summer Attack and defend with Class Spartans.
DarkOmen

Post by DarkOmen »

LOL, Now THAT does make sense.....and I actually understand it. OK, last question in a different matter. Since Keyth deccided to take a break, and now I am playing Fedem (ohhh good). This will be my 4th game (Keyth would have been but that was declared void).

So now we just sit back and wait for everyone to finish up the 4 games and then an announcement will be made that we are entering Summer?
Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem »

As far as I know our battle would be you 4th one for the Spring . You are defending and I think you can use the Spartans....

Let me know if it is Ok.
phlewis
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by phlewis »

Fedem since you are taking over keyth's slot I was your second assigned challenge. So post a challenge for me and let me know the password.
DarkOmen

Post by DarkOmen »

According to the dialog ,Yes I can use the spartans or save them and use my Mercs....I don't know if I have to say which I am going to use, but I will have to use the mercs soon
ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

GB

You do not have to use the Mercs at all. I am tempted not to use them myself as you are deducted points.

As for Keyth, ignore all results and games, they are now void.

Fedem has now replaced Keyth and so he is now a brand new opponent. I believe macsen has been in contact with keyth and keyth has sent him all of the required spreadsheets etc.

Once we have all played our 4 games for SPring, we move into Summer and I am guessing there are 4 more games
macsen
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by macsen »

Hello everyone,

I'm now in control and Fedem has replaced keyth as a player. So just carry on with your games and we will soon start the next season.

Cheers

macsen
Turk1964
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Turk1964 »

Thats great Macsen. Thanks for taking over from Keyth as i really like his campaign system and would of been a pity to see it fold like so many others have. So i guess thanks from all of us for taking up the challange.
Cheers Turk
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

Turk1964 wrote:Thats great Macsen. Thanks for taking over from Keyth as i really like his campaign system and would of been a pity to see it fold like so many others have. So i guess thanks from all of us for taking up the challange.
Cheers Turk
Thanks from me as well , i would offer to have your baby
but that's just weird :oops:
DarkOmen

Post by DarkOmen »

What If I just give you one of mine (The EVIL one!!)
Aristides

Post by Aristides »

My Kshatriyas defeated Bates' Thracians (22/42 to 58/49).
‘I go North, to the swords and the siege,
That yet for a while rivers may run clean and birds build their nests,
Ere Night comes.’
macsen

Post by macsen »

What are "Kshatriyas"? Just for my records.
Aristides wrote:My Kshatriyas defeated Bates' Thracians (22/42 to 58/49).
phlewis

Post by phlewis »

Kshatriyas are the warrior caste in india. There are four basic castes in India.
Sudra -- Farmers
Vaisya -- Merchants
Kshatriyas -- Warriors
Brahmin -- Priests
phlewis

Post by phlewis »

Eric,

Based on the "To Tame a Land" campaign if we continue to each issue two challenges a season we would each play a minimum of two games. Except for the first season of the campaign each player can challenge any two other players that are no more than three rungs below them. So, a player might get challenged by several players and play more than four games or by none and only play two. I believe there is a restriction that a player cannot issue challenges to some one three rungs below them in the campaign more than twice in a row.
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

Hi,

Challenge issued for phlewis.

Password phlewis

tKS!
Turk1964

Post by Turk1964 »

Agreed Pat as some players will only get 2 games and others could be playing a lot more as can be seen by TTAL the top players are playing a lot more games.In some cases the same players are playing each other a lot.I think the current method of 4 games randomly chosen in TFAM is a great way to go and will see players getting the full benifit.No doubt others will disagree and say attack who they want which is fair enough but there would then probably be 2 groups of players attacking each other.I had 1 season in TTAL where i wasnt attacked at all as the interest was at the top of the ladder. So Random would be the fairest way to go :)
Tiavals
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by Tiavals »

Tiavals(Kyrenean greeks early) 42/41 vs iandavidsmith(Early sarmatians) 45/43

IDS killed 1 FC.

Overall, the battle was very much in my favour, I had armored offensive spears while IDS had lancers, I had light chariots where he had archers. Yet he managed a draw, in his last turn he got like 12 BPs or something. Pretty great.
iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith »

Tiavals(Kyrenean greeks early) 42/41 vs iandavidsmith(Early sarmatians) 45/43

IDS killed 1 FC.

Overall, the battle was very much in my favour, I had armored offensive spears while IDS had lancers, I had light chariots where he had archers. Yet he managed a draw, in his last turn he got like 12 BPs or something. Pretty great.
i lost over 5300 men to Tiavals 2000 and if it hadn't been for my lucky last turn , Tiavals would have won , great game , Ian
Last edited by iandavidsmith on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 »

I can understand why the top players have to play one another. Games may well be closer and so players below can catch up.

Due to the number of army options a "top" player could make a wrong choice againsta nother player and really struggle.

As there are 12 players we could have 4 differetn opponnets for Springa nd Summer then the 3 players you haven't yet played, you play agst in Autumn.

There would still be a random draw based on whom you play

The difficulty is making sure we all play different players in that year.

I do not like the idea of some players having more games than others though?

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”