Wolves from the sea drowned ?

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

ostermann
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Wolves from the sea drowned ?

Post by ostermann »

The VIKING and other are announced for more than a year now, but there is still nothing in the shop "coming soon"..........

Hope the longboats fleet was not totally drowned in a baltic tsunami :mrgreen:

When are you going to send them ?

Also, adaptation from the Tabletop Laces Wars and Napoleonic era will be welcome here, maybe in place of more addition to the thousands of WWII games announced _ I purchased and love Battle Academy games but there are so many WWII on the market and so few for XVIII century ....... :roll:
unferth1

Re: Wolves from the sea drowned ?

Post by unferth1 »

Hwaet.

With heavy hearts the spear-danes of my imagination await the long foretold release of Wolves from the Sea. Is ostermann right? Have their spears been lost on the great whale-road of the web? By Odin's one eye! How can something digital be "out of stock"?

We pray for battle, for victory in the shield-wall. We see the crows alighting on the corpses of our enemies, hear the shouting of brave men promised to Valhalla, and see blood spattered banners snapping in favorable winds! These the wonderful fellowships and programing that Slitherine provides! My wish this father's day; to gift Wolves from the Sea at his mighty consul-fire, and that I may find worthy adversaries across the press of shield and spear!

Slitherine, please make it so, or offer an explanation of its delay.

Unferth
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

unferth1

Post by unferth1 »

Thank you stockwellpete. I've read that entire thread, but the question stands. If and/or when will it be released. Autumn 2012? I love this game and salute all who are working diligently on it! Forgive my griping.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Well, it is definitely "when" and definitely not "if", but there is no firm date for its release yet. My guess is September/October time. The main thing is to ensure that the new version of the game with Unity is absolutely stable and as bug-free as they can make it - so if that means it takes a little longer then that is OK, as far as I am concerned anyway.
ostermann

Post by ostermann »

Well, at last there is some reply...........

But the Wolves are announced and displayed for more than a year now and it is a disillusion.....why not simply erasing them from the shop ?

The big question is : will the new system be able to receive the scenarios customised on the old one and compatibility of both..........or necessary to purchase a whole new game ?????????????

All this means I love FOG and hope to have more opportunities to play him, the additions announced will add best to an excellent game !
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

The stated intent is that the re-implementation should be compatible the existing one. Hopefully that will be true for the most part even if it requires extra time to insure this. If you already have FoG PC/MAC, t will not be necessary to buy a new game from what Iain has stated.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
ostermann

Post by ostermann »

Thank you for the good news, and "Bon Courage et Bonne Chance" for the designers and programers, we're waiting more impatiently now !

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”