Empires of the Ages Campaign

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Empires of the Ages Campaign

Post by Old_Warrior »

New campaign forming. Eight participants needed. You must own all of the modules in order to play. This will include the upcoming Wolves from the Sea and Oath of Fealty (once released) modules. Campaign will halt if OoF has not been released and resume once out of the market.

This campaign would be similar to board games where you play several factions throughout history. It would be a MUCH simpler format than what I call the "Mental Madness" of the campaigns you guys are hosting.

For those of you out there (like me) that wish to participate the format would be simple:

1. Each player will have several nations to command within their Group throughout the campaign. They will use the DAG to build the army. One Ally maximum from each list even if it allows for more.

2. Each module will see 2 battles per player. One for his chosen army and one for the army list that the Gamemaster (that's me) chooses for him.

3. Each participant will be assigned a number from 1-10 which will be their player selection number. The Gamemaster will then randomly select numbers from a hat and establish the player selection order. Each player will go in order and will pick a list from the first module. The second player will then go next and pick a nation from the NEXT module. And so on until each player has chosen one list from each module. The Gamemaster will also choose a nation for you from the module that will be in another area of the world. It will be an army that compliments the one you chose as much as possible. Thus if you chose a pure infantry army the one the Gamemaster chooses will be mainly cavalry. If Drilled then your second army will be barbaric. Once all of the players have chosen their lists and the Gamemaster has assigned you your second list then the campaign map will be drawn up.

4. There will be ONE battle played per army list per module. Player that wins the most battles during the entire campaign is the winner.

5. Battles will occur based on the historical proximity of the army lists actual geographical location. You will not choose your opponent - the gamemaster will assign all games to be played. You will be playing in two games per module simultaneously.

6. All module rounds will finish within 3 weeks of their start date to keep the campaign moving. There will be a TWO week break between rounds so that you can catch your breathe. My mutual consent we can agree to have August off (as that is Holiday in Europe). There are eight (8) modules that will be covered. That is 24 weeks of campaign play maximum. Again, we will halt if the Oath of Fealty module has not been released. Any unfinished games by the end of the period will be based on: a. participation - if one players stalls he loses. b. score - best percentage score wins based on number of break points vs. total break points. The Gamemaster will not tolerate those that want to try and stall on purpose at a particular point in the match in order to win by item b. We are here to have a good time.

In the case of a tie there will be a "Knockout Round" where the players will create any army they wish from their prior army list choices and play in a Mirror Match against each other. Thus your opponent will have your army to command against you in one of the battles.

In the case of multiple army lists being added to the module for any given army list in the book you will have your choice of the lists released in the module.

Simple format. No points to remember. A webpage will be posted showing the groups and module status.

Only armies that are core to the module can be chosen. Thus for the Immortal Fire module you could not choose to use the Pyrric army as that is not a "core" army list.

There will be 8 players. You must have finished 5 games in the last four months. If you join the campaign please endeavor to finish it. All players are in until the last module's battles are finished. Even if you are losing we ask that you be a good sport and continue play.

With that in mind please respond to this thread if you want to play and the first ten players will be added to my list. I then will post a website and then will post a list of the modules and the army list in each.
We would then begin the Army Selection process. Army Selection Numbers will be assigned after the drawing is held and off we go!
Last edited by Old_Warrior on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tiavals
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Empires of the Ages Campaign

Post by Tiavals »

Sounds fun. I'd like to participate.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Ok - added you to my list.
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

Count me in.
Keyth

ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Added!
Turk1964
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Turk1964 »

I will give it a go sounds very interesting
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

I will add you to the list sir!
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

Please count me in if there is still spaces available.
Ian
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

I have added you to my list.
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

I'd want to join but I don't have all the modules. :(

Deeter
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Which ones do you have? Are you missing 2 or more? Or just 1?
deeter

Post by deeter »

I have the first four, so missing at least two.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Ah, too bad.
claymore58
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by claymore58 »

Yes, A very sound concept. Please count me in.

Cheers, Claymore
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

I have added you to the list!

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”