Two-player War of the Roses campaign . . .

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Two-player War of the Roses campaign . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Your Northampton battle sounded like a real epic, Pers-Anders. Both armies were on the point of collapse at the end. I have opened up a Word document for myself and I am collecting all your battle reports there so I can do one last update of the campaign when you have finished. I will then release the campaign on Dropbox. Thanks for posting the reports, it is very helpful to me. :D
cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by cavehobbit »

Yes, it was a real nailbiter :D The large number of poor bg's make it hard for both sides.

Great scenario! Really challenging.

/P-A
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Another game played. If the last one was a nail biter, I now how to describe this one. But as the score tells, this was a really thrilling game and as Fedem said, not a game to be played by those with a bad heart :)

Pete, even if this was the first in the three game; Wakefield, Mortimer’s Cross and 2nd battle of St Albans, the winner in each game will get 5 victory points?

/Per-Anders
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

cavehobbit wrote: Pete, even if this was the first in the three game; Wakefield, Mortimer’s Cross and 2nd battle of St Albans, the winner in each game will get 5 victory points?

/Per-Anders
Yes, that's right, Pers-Anders. Also, no Crown Points will be awarded for 1460 as there is no monarch in outright control of the country at the moment. :wink:
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Mortimer's Cross ended. Not as even as the previous battles. The Yorkist strategy worked well this time. But the Lancastrians fought well.

/Per-Anders
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Battle of Towton is now over. A real nail biter -- again! Great scenario, Pete! And thanks Fedem for great game, well played!

Here's a screenshot of the battlefield when the game ended:

Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem »

One Bp!!! You Yorkist dirty coward :).
Now I dont think the Lancastrians are able to win the campaign as we are now....already building ships to run to France or whereever :(
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Start targeting his royal characters, Fedem. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Chaps, just to let you know that Tewkesbury 1471 has just been updated (in case you have already downloaded it). St Albans also has a very minor change but you have gone past that point now. :wink:
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

stockwellpete wrote:Chaps, just to let you know that Tewkesbury 1471 has just been updated (in case you have already downloaded it). St Albans also has a very minor change but you have gone past that point now. :wink:
Pete, the link for Tewkesbury is broken...
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

cavehobbit wrote:
stockwellpete wrote:Chaps, just to let you know that Tewkesbury 1471 has just been updated (in case you have already downloaded it). St Albans also has a very minor change but you have gone past that point now. :wink:
Pete, the link for Tewkesbury is broken...
Sorry, it should be OK now.
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

Episode 13 Hedgeley Moor 1464

Tough Battle as always against that Tough Yorkist Commander....:)

We Lancastrians were outnumbered and with less missile power so we decided to advance occupying the hill on the center and our left flank were we thought the Yorkist were weaker. To our surprise the Yorkist advance through their right flank concentrating his better troops over there and keeping most of his archers on the center. His left flank was a little far but started to apporach. We were able to move our right flank to the right part of the hill and set some defensive positions over there.
We attacked his center y with our Light Spears Cavalry and some Billmen supported by our Archers. Unexpectedly those damn archers fought like devils and we took to long to brake the center. We were able to barely hold our flanks as the Yorkist keep pushing but they were suffering heavy losses attacking uphill.
Mr Beaufort was attaked on his back on the center front by his nemesis Commander and was almost running out if the battlefield......on the last moments a bit of bravery return to him and came back rallying important units.

Tks for a great battle cave.

The Lancastrains still resist....
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

anyone knows how to post the pic and make this one to fit. They always go to the right...

tks
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Phase one is now completed.

Pete, about the Neville family. Do I understand it right that two members will rebel and join the Lancastrians? In my and Fedem's game, as John Neville, Marquess of Montagu was killed in battle, will Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick and William Neville, Lord Fauconberg now join the Lancastrians? The thing I don't quite understand is William, if he can fight for the Yorkists in 1471 and then joins the Lancastrians.

/P-A
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Pers-Anders, yes you have found an error in the rules. I have amended them now. All three Neville's (if alive) will have rebelled by 1471, so both Richard and William Neville will fight for the Lancastrians in your game (William will only fight in the 1471 battles before he retires and he will not fight for the Yorkists at all after 1469). Thanks for spotting this. :wink:
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

Question to Pete:

Shouldn´t John de Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, be available on 1471? As I saw on wikipedia he fought on the Battle of Barnett for the Lancastrians.

Cheers!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Fedem wrote:Question to Pete:

Shouldn´t John de Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, be available on 1471? As I saw on wikipedia he fought on the Battle of Barnett for the Lancastrians.

Cheers!
Yes, that is right too, Federico. I will have to do a full review of the leaders available to the two sides once you have finished your campaign because I think there is now a slight imbalance against the Yorkists.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Pers-Anders and Federico,

I have found a typo. When assessing the results of Barnet and Tewkesbury together, outcome ii) should read, "If the Lancastrians win Barnet only then the Yorkists retain control of the Crown. Go to episode 23." That is, go to Bosworth Field 1485 - and not to episode 24 as it currently states, which is a Yorkist rebellion battle and would not make sense in the context of the campaign.
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

Hi Pete,

Just a question. On the Battle of Tewkesbury the Yorkists have two Elite Commanders. I don´t remember the Lancastrians as my second commander BG got destroyed and then wasnt able to check.
Is this correct?

Tks!
Fedem

Post by Fedem »

Hi Pers-Anders,

I just noticed that the Yorkist Commander Lord William Hastings was already killed in 1459. So you r going to have to change the one killed on Tewkesbury.

"Episode 1 Blore Heath 1459"

Lancastrians – Humphrey Stafford, Duke of Buckingham; John Talbot, Earl of Shrewsbury.

Yorkists – Richard Neville, Earl of Salisbury; Lord William Hastings.

L 15/38 beat Y 33/31.

Lancastrians 5pts (won battle) + 2pts (Yorkist nobles killed in battle) = 7pts
Yorkists 0

Notes: Both Richard Neville and Lord William Hastings were killed in the battle. (Trustworthy sources tells that the Lancastrians cowardly attacked the Earl in the back, and many now say that this battle put an end to honour and chivalry.) The Yorkist line of defence was stretched very thin from the beginning, and when the Lancastrian cavalry outflanked the Yorkist left flank and turned to attack from behind, the battle was soon lost for the Yorkists.

Tks!

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”