Two-player War of the Roses campaign . . .

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Two-player War of the Roses campaign . . .

Post by cavehobbit »

Oops sorry.

I've changed to William Herbert, Earl of Pembroke.

/P-A
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Fedem wrote:Hi Pete,

Just a question. On the Battle of Tewkesbury the Yorkists have two Elite Commanders. I don´t remember the Lancastrians as my second commander BG got destroyed and then wasnt able to check.
Is this correct?

Tks!
Yes, two "elite" commanders for the Yorkists at Tewkesbury is correct, Federico. Edward IV and Richard of Gloucester (the future Richard III) fought at that battle. The notes for the battle need to be corrected. Thanks.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I have just reviewed the noble commander rosters for both sides as I felt that there was an imbalance there. For future campaigns I have removed Thomas de Ros of Helmsley from the Lancastrian list and I have added John de Mowbray, Duke of Norfolk to the Yorkist list. :wink:
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

We have now finished the campaign. The Yorkists won the last battle, Bosworth Field. I will add the points and info of the battle tomorrow.
I wish to thanks Fedem for many incredible exciting games. I also like to thank Pete for a great campaign!

Pete, I'll send you more feedback on the campaign soon.

/Per-Anders
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

OK Pers-Anders - so it took you about 3 months from start to finish - and it is the first overall victory for the Yorkists (current score Lancastrians 2 Yorkists 1). :wink:
Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem »

Thanks Pers for a great Campaign! And Pete one more time for the creation.

Next time I will try to make it better.

Cheers!
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I have been doing some work on this campaign in the last few days. My intention is that an updated version will be available for use with FOG2 next year. I will be adding the First Battle of St Albans 1455 and there will be a new version of Bosworth Field 1485 (following a re-assessment of the location of this battle by the historian Foard). What I probably will do is to provide two versions - a full text-based two-player version which I can send to players by e-mail and a new single-player version that uses the campaign facility in FOG2.
Edmund_Blackadder
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

Sounds really interesting and I'd be happy to playtest St Albans and or the new Bosworth if you like. Your message also got me to read the original thread with interest- didn't see it at the time.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Edmund_Blackadder wrote:Sounds really interesting and I'd be happy to playtest St Albans and or the new Bosworth if you like. Your message also got me to read the original thread with interest- didn't see it at the time.
Hello again. Yes, OK, I will remember you when I start writing stuff for FOG2. The other battles will need testing as well as I will not be able to reproduce them exactly as the originals were done. It is a good campaign game and quite easy to get into. :wink:

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”