Decline and Fall Campaign History and Announcements

Forum for campaigns based around the Field of Glory digital version

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

let them fight each other next turn then the winner can raid the following turn, that seems like a logical barbaric way to solve your problems...
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

So, where and when are you cursed barbarians going to cross the Rhine again to cross Spathas with us? The boys are getting bored of Garrison duty and mucking about with all your woman folk you left behind on you last tour :twisted:
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

TheGrayMouser wrote:So, where and when are you cursed barbarians going to cross the Rhine again to cross Spathas with us? The boys are getting bored of Garrison duty and mucking about with all your woman folk you left behind on you last tour :twisted:
You wouldn't want Emperor Deatorius to feel completely ignored, would you. Besides the rules don't seem to allow us to come do any Vandalization in the west this year :cry:

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Three armies fit last time.......... but only one got anything out of it....wonder how that happened....

Just kidding, just trying to sow discord amonst the barbarian chiefs :wink:
davouthojo
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by davouthojo »

The 1st Eastern Army catches the Persians in the middle of their looting and pillaging....

First battle of Babylonia

Sassanid Persian (450 points) vs Eastern Roman Dominate (560points + 7 free poor Limitanae)
Eastern Emperor, see the limitations on your troop types; both sides need to select VERY OPEN terrain

A major Roman advantage...but think of the shame if they lost...and the casualty count is most important, the Romans cannot afford heavy casualties (ask the Western Emperor.....)

The Franks and Alemanni are either very coordinated, or very uncoordinated, and both cross into Franks. But there is a Roman army on their heels...reminder that if they catch them in the same province, the Romans will fight them one at a time, and will be able to retreat before the second battle if they choose....

btw for casualty calculation, Roman casualties will be spread with the limitanae, not all fall on the field force....the previous calc was a little harsh......
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

How long does it take for Limitanei to regenerate when they have lost points?

Chris
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

Do I have to take allies in this battle? Not sure if Babylonia is a province or ally.
Is my current prestige in the online x-cell sheet?
I can only hope that I get it right when I meet the smashandgrab Pee-sions on the field of glory :P
davouthojo

Post by davouthojo »

deadtorius wrote:Do I have to take allies in this battle? Not sure if Babylonia is a province or ally.
I can only hope that I get it right when I meet the smashandgrab Pee-sions on the field of glory :P
1) No requirement to take allies - only compulsory when you are fighting in Armenia or Arabs.

2) Yes - your prestige is 3, you are limited in superiors and inspired general as per the sheet.

3) As Roman, you post the battle and inform Persia. Try to get it played asap!
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

davouthojo wrote:
deadtorius wrote:Do I have to take allies in this battle? Not sure if Babylonia is a province or ally.
1) No requirement to take allies - only compulsory when you are fighting in Armenia or Arabs.

2) Yes - your prestige is 3, you are limited in superiors and inspired general as per the sheet.

3) As Roman, you post the battle and inform Persia. Try to get it played asap!
I already posted a challenged and PM'ed the Dead' Emperor but I can accedpt one if he prefers.

Chris
davouthojo

Post by davouthojo »

batesmotel wrote:How long does it take for Limitanei to regenerate when they have lost points?

Chris
After the battle, Limitanei casualties will be spread across the frontier, rather than concentrated in 1 specific province.
So will reduce number turning up for battle from current 4-8 as casualties mount.

[Probably realistic, but helps maintenance too!]
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

O most serene Emperor of the East, how fairs the battle vs the vile Assasinads?
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

His most sereneness is adding many genuine Persian arrows to his collection but Imperial luck and numbers do seem to be telling.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Well , things shouldnt be that easy for a Userper (oops , i mean the rightious reastablishment of the legitimate eastern regime) :lol:
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

The Legitimate one from the East has been busy killing off many mounted troops. So far all is looking well, although the dirty Smashandgrab Persians have pulled ahead by a few points, something which I will try to remedy shortly after logging in. I do hope there will be a few of them left so that I can drag them through the streets of Byzantium for my upcoming victory parade
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

deadtorius wrote:The Legitimate one from the East has been busy killing off many mounted troops. So far all is looking well, although the dirty Smashandgrab Persians have pulled ahead by a few points, something which I will try to remedy shortly after logging in. I do hope there will be a few of them left so that I can drag them through the streets of Byzantium for my upcoming victory parade
Thats the Roman spririt! , too bad those whacky Christians got rid of all the gladiatorial sporting events ;)
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

We all know who the real barbarians are!! :evil:
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

Yes they hide behind large colourful shields and try to pass themselves off as civilized types... and some of them even go by the name Barbariangut (translation of Blathergut from Vandal tongue to civilized speech)

so what were you saying about being barbarian...... :wink:
Perhaps the Western civilized one can send a few of you over here for the gladiatorial victory games.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

We're still busy guzzling Roman wine from our last visit! :twisted:
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Has the Eastern emperor mopped up the Sassanid tourists yet????
davouthojo

Post by davouthojo »

The Eastern Roman Empire announces that success is ours. My thanks to bastesmotel for sticking it out in a one sided game.
Final score
Roman 9/51 2192/14460

Persians 34/32 3017/9600

And now for the shameless propaganda campaign

Hear this you wretched Barbarians of the Eastern wastes, A mighty Persian force swept down upon our lands and was vanquished in a major struggle that lasted till the sun set upon the battlefield where the earth was soaked with blood. Under the skilful leadership of our mighty General Deadtorius, the Persians were sent reeling back across the border abandoning their plunder and leaving many of their warriors and horses dead or dying on the battlefield. Beware those of you who wish to venture into the lands of the civilized ones for death is all that you shall find here. Do not waste the lives of your men and children upon a pointless campaign that will drain your tribes of their men folk and leave your women defenseless against your neighbors, turn your attention to those unwashed smelly types who keep peeing in your water up stream and take their heads instead.
If you cross our borders be forewarned that you will only meet defeat and will end up in a triumphal parade, chained and forced to march before the citizens of Byzantium. The Gods have smiled upon the Great Deadtorius and he shall vanquish all who dare to oppose him.

Rather shameless of my propaganda department wouldn't you say?

[Copied from the plinth of the statue of himself Emperor Deadtorius erected looking out over the Babylonian battlefield......]

Return to “Field of Glory Campaigns”