Looking for opponent

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Rysyonok
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Looking for opponent

Post by Rysyonok »

New FoG player here, but an experienced gamer... hopefully not too late to the party :)

I have all the expansions and the latest patch. I can do a turn a day, I typically play around 9-11pm EST.

My particular interests are eastern Europe (any age), ancient Egypt, Roman era.
ulysisgrunt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Looking for opponent

Post by ulysisgrunt »

Why not just post several challenges in the 'unlocked' section of the multiplayer part of the game?
Post or take up half a dozen games and you will have plenty of national and international gaming; even me!
Danny Weitz
Nipomo California
What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Ulysisgrunt wrote:Why not just post several challenges in the 'unlocked' section of the multiplayer part of the game?
Post or take up half a dozen games and you will have plenty of national and international gaming; even me!
Danny Weitz
Nipomo California
Good point, thanks :)
Jonathan4290
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Jonathan4290 »

The FOG community has this weird, yet unexplained phenomenon where if you post a challenge it will be picked up almost instantly, but few players actually post challenges themselves. So just post a challenge for whatever you want to play and someone will pick it up, guaranteed.
Check out my website, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps, where I recreate the greatest battles and campaigns of history: http://www.theartofbattle.com
Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Jonathan4290 wrote:The FOG community has this weird, yet unexplained phenomenon where if you post a challenge it will be picked up almost instantly, but few players actually post challenges themselves. So just post a challenge for whatever you want to play and someone will pick it up, guaranteed.
Wow, a unique framework indeed :)

So what do people like to play these days? Seems like it's more about DAG 500s than historic battles, no?
Jonathan4290

Post by Jonathan4290 »

DAG 500 has always been popular but the Digital League (on pause) uses 400 which is also pretty popular. There's an interest in a lot of different point totals (600 and 1000 are also pretty popular) so you will find no matter what you post someone will pick it up. Historical scenarios also get picked up pretty quick and are where most new players start.
Check out my website, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps, where I recreate the greatest battles and campaigns of history: http://www.theartofbattle.com
Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Jonathan4290 wrote:DAG 500 has always been popular but the Digital League (on pause) uses 400 which is also pretty popular. There's an interest in a lot of different point totals (600 and 1000 are also pretty popular) so you will find no matter what you post someone will pick it up. Historical scenarios also get picked up pretty quick and are where most new players start.
Thanks. I wish there was a campaign mode, too. Some way to carry forth experience and casualties from battle to battle. Oh well :) Maybe in FOG2

Return to “Field of Glory : Leagues & Tournaments & Seeking Opponents”