legacy FoG(RB) to FoG(U) v2.6.00.1045 scenario conversion

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

legacy FoG(RB) to FoG(U) v2.6.00.1045 scenario conversion

Post by cothyso »

Hello everyone,

Here is how one can convert a legacy FoG(RB) scenario to the lastest FoG(U) (beta) build v2.6.00.1045:
[-move the <build>/<data>/.TMP/Convert/ folder into <build>/<data>/ folder, or simply create two new <build>/<data>/_Convert/ and then a <build>/<data>/_Convert/_OUT folders] - atm the 1045 revision has its /_Convert/_OUT folders incorrectly located in a <build>/<data>/.TMP/ folder instead directly in the <build>/<data>/ folder - this is to be fixed for the next revision
- pickup a FoG(RB) scenario, let's use kilroy's Pydna 168 BC Scenario, download scenarios' archive
- unpack scenario's archive in build's <build>/<data>/_Convert/ folder (for the v2.6.00.1045 the folder is <build>/FoG_v2.6.00.1045_Data/_Convert/ and in it you should have a /Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2 subfolder)
- start the build, wait to go in MainMenu
- press RALT + F5 (that's the right Alt (the Alt from the right side of the keyboard) key and F5 key)
- copy the resulted Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2.scn.pck file (OR copy the individual Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2.scn.xml, Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2.gsv.xml, Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2.als.xml and Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2.map.xml files) from the <build>/<data>/_Convert/_OUT folder into <build>/<data>/SavedScenarios folder
- close the app and restart it, you should see now the new Pydna scenario in the scenarios list - all the custom scenarios should appear with a (C) prefix in the scenario list
If you are dropping more legacy FoG(RB) scenarios in the <build>/<data>/_Convert/ folder, then all of them will be converted to their FoG(U) versions.

The legacy FoG(RB) scenario conversion should be much simpler once the Editor will get its loong due GUI update (atm the Editor is fully functional, but you can not save anything from it due to the fact that its GUI was not updated to reflect all the scenario/map/army list/game save file format changes.

I've attached the resulted kilroy's Pydna 168 BC Scenario FoG(U) scenario (the pack version of it, archived int oa zip file as the forum won't accept other than .zip file types)
Attachments
Pydna, 168 BC (DHC) v1.2.zip
converted FoG(U) scenario
(6.18 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: legacy FoG(RB) to FoG(U) v2.6.00.1045 scenario conversio

Post by mdavis41 »

How would you go about converting Mac versions of the legacy scenarios?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: legacy FoG(RB) to FoG(U) v2.6.00.1045 scenario conversio

Post by cothyso »

Sorry, I don't think i'm following you.

Legacy scenarios are not OS specific (as far as I know, I never seen a MacOS legacy scenario), so their data files are the same, no matter if they are Win/Mac and they are converted to FoG(U) in the same way (see above).

If you're asking about converting FoG(RB) to FoG(U) scenarios in the MacOS version of FoG(U), well, the conversion will happen via the Editor, so the process won't involve key pressing and so on. You will just drop FoG(RB) legacy scenarios in the _Convert folder, and a list with the recognized legacy scenarios able to be converted will be present in the Editor, where you can convert them individually or as a whole.

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”