Scenario Name

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

redcoat2
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Scenario Name

Post by redcoat2 »

I've just put together a scenario and then realised that I did not like the name I originally gave it. Is it possible to edit the name?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Scenario Name

Post by stockwellpete »

Yes, but not within the game itself. Go to "My Documents" - "Slitherine" - "FOG Scenarios" - and then re-name the file by right-clicking on it. :wink:
redcoat2
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by redcoat2 »

Thanks for your rapid reply. Unfortunately I tried to do that the other day. The scenario name changed in the Custom Game menu - but when I play the scenario I still get the old scenario name (top left corner). :cry:

When I read the 'scenario0.fogsg' and 'scenario1.fogsg' files they still used the original scenario name. Is it possible to edit 'fogsg' files?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

redcoat wrote:Thanks for your rapid reply. Unfortunately I tried to do that the other day. The scenario name changed in the Custom Game menu - but when I play the scenario I still get the old scenario name (top left corner). :cry:

When I read the 'scenario0.fogsg' and 'scenario1.fogsg' files they still used the original scenario name. Is it possible to edit 'fogsg' files?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one. It has happened on a few of mine too. Perhaps somebody else might know? :?
redcoat2
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by redcoat2 »

I've just found that you can edit 'fogsg' files with a free Microsoft editor called XML Notepad 2007. So you can change the scenario name using that - by renaming it at the top of the 'fogsg' files.

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”