Battle of Crug Mawr 1136

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Battle of Crug Mawr 1136

Post by stockwellpete »

A Welsh rebellion battle against the Normans in 12thC Ceredigion. I was able to find very little hard information about this battle so a lot of this is guesswork. The named characters are real though as are the armoured cavalry that it is said the Welsh fielded on that day. I have only played this game solo (against myself, not the AI) so any feedback/suggestions will be most welcome.

Updated July 2016 (my thanks to martog for help with play-testing) . . .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... 20PWv2.rar
Turk1964
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Battle of Crug Mawr 1136 open play-test

Post by Turk1964 »

Sorry for being a wally but how do you get the battle from here into my own field of Glory to play it. Do i need to download this Drop box thingy before i can put it into my FOG Files. I have tried copy and paste but nothing seems to happen. :?

Cheers Turk
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Click on the link, click on "open", click on the yellow folder icon on the same line as the battle name and then click on "extract to" at the top of the display, select Slitherine folder "FOG scenarios" in the "destination path" box and click OK at the bottom. :wink:
Turk1964

Post by Turk1964 »

Ok its not quite happening ive dropped it into the Scenario file for Fog and not sure where it has now gone. I have windows 7 and i am still finding my way around its capabilities. Let me check a few things out and see if i can find the scenario :lol:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Once it has got to the scenario file for FOG then it should appear in the game in the custom scenarios lists (as opposed to the official scenario list).
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

My Documents folder contains the Slitherine folder. By clicking on the dropbox link, I download new games, including one or two by stockwellpete ;), to Slitherine/Scenarios using WinZip. But then I create a new folder, name it 'data' and add that to the new scenario. I then save the other files downloaded in that specific scenario to the 'data' subfolder. In my computer it would read: Documents/Slitherine/Scenarios/Battle of Crug Mawr 1136/data. So, it depends on which folder you have Slitherine. But I need to create that data subfolder and save the scenario program files to the data subfolder to have the new scenario pop up in the FoG game list. Sorry for the unaccustomed long-winded explanation, so uncharacteristic of me :), but I needed to spell it out for a thorough explanation. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

Thanks for the scenario but some units are missed.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Battle of Crug Mawr 1136

Post by stockwellpete »

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”