Re: stockwellpete's user-made scenarios to date

Post by stockwellpete »

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

cothyso wrote:Problems to fix in this list:
18. Brunkeberg 1471 has no link (from Battle of Brunkeberg 1471 -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... 20PWv2.zip )
21. Caldbec Hill 1066 has no link (from The Battle of Hastings (Caldbec Hill variaton) 1066 -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... 20PWv1.zip )
51. Grunwald-Tannenberg 1410 update link to v2 (from Battle of Grunwald-Tannenberg 1410 -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... 20PWv2.zip )
70. Montlhery 1465 has no link (from Battle of Montlhery 1465 -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... 20PWv1.zip )
All fixed, Dan.

73. Moyry Pass 1315 (EB) update to link v4 (from The Bruce Campaign in Ireland 1315-18 (the Challenge) -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15461007/Battle ... 20PWv4.rar )
86. Pinkie Cleuch 1547 (A-S) update to link v5 (from Battle of Pinkie Cleuch, 1547 -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15461007/Battle ... 20PWv5.zip )
Fixed as well.
sirlancelot22
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by sirlancelot22 »

as installed to run the scenarios?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I am currently play-testing all of these scenarios (starting at AD 394 and working my way through to the later medieval and early Renaissance periods. I will be putting up 2 or 3 at a time as "paired games" (so two battles, one as each army) so please join in and help me test them. Any comments for improvement are most welcome. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Scenarios to be updated as a result of the play tests . . .

Soissons 486AD - slight alteration to terrain to give Gallo-Romans better prospects.

Isonzo 489AD - Ostrogoth army points reduced from 500 to 475.

Battle of the Standard 1138 - major re-write including terrain changes, image changes to create a more realistic 12thC battlefield, skirmishers for Scots, camps, removal of heavy armour from leader figures and more. Note: an earlier version of this scenario is included in one of the expansions but it bears little relation to the version that I actually submitted - the point of this scenario was to demonstrates the deadly firepower of English archers against the Scots prior to the "longbow era".

Muret 1213 - minor changes to Peter of Aragon's forces to make them a little bit stronger. Army points now Crusaders 500pts, Aragonese/Toulousain 550pts.

Bouvines 1214 - major re-write of both sides armies, including introduction of "Brabanzonen" on the Imperial side; change of unit images to create early 13thC battlefield

Lindanisa1219 - Several Estonian MF have wrong image, now corrected.

Lewes 1264 - major re-write including terrain changes, changes to troop composition on both sides.

Stirling Bridge 1297 - major re-write to include some terrain changes, image changes to create a more realistic late 13th C battlefield, major changes to composition of English army and reduction of leader flags to both armies. My thanks to Edmund_Blackadder for help with this scenario.

Loudon Hill 1307 - minor changes to the composition of both armies.

Bannockburn 1314 - major re-write to include some terrain changes and image changes to reflect an early 14thC battlefield. Significant changes to composition of both armies. My thanks to Edmund_Blackadder for help with this scenario.

Myton 1319 - minor changes to the composition of both armies.

Boroughbridge 1322 - major re-write including significant changes to both armies and the introduction of optional historical rules. My thanks to Edmund_Blackadder for help with this scenario.
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeMarchant »

Very enjoyable scenarios, although I have yet to win one.

Thanks, Pete.

Best Wishes

Mike
Edmund_Blackadder
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

Hi Pete,

The Bannockburn scenario variant has a bug (both leaders on same side I think).

Richard
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Edmund_Blackadder wrote:Hi Pete,

The Bannockburn scenario variant has a bug (both leaders on same side I think).

Richard
Richard,

Yes, I have resubmitted the challenge same password. I had two C-in-C's on the Scottish side. I will ask Slitherine to clear the faulty games off the server now - it might not happen until tomorrow though. Sorry about that.

Pete
t341
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

location to save

Post by t341 »

downloaded your scenarios, for the old version, unzipped them and placed them where the others are..cannot find them. Where exactly do your scenarios go when they are extracted This is for an iMac. The new version of FOG will not work on my iMac and no one has come up with a solution but the older version does work. The scenarios for the new version work fine on my PC though.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: location to save

Post by stockwellpete »

hms wrote:downloaded your scenarios, for the old version, unzipped them and placed them where the others are..cannot find them. Where exactly do your scenarios go when they are extracted This is for an iMac. The new version of FOG will not work on my iMac and no one has come up with a solution but the older version does work. The scenarios for the new version work fine on my PC though.
On my PC they go to My Documents - Slitherine - FOG scenarios. I have never had an iMac so I don't know if it is the same.
Odenathus

Post by Odenathus »

Hi, returning to this game after a bit of an absence, abandoned FoG Unity: where can I find these user-made scenarios now? The link doesn't seem to work? Cheers
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Odenathus wrote:Hi, returning to this game after a bit of an absence, abandoned FoG Unity: where can I find these user-made scenarios now? The link doesn't seem to work? Cheers
Dropbox has done something. I'm not sure what other than it means the current links are no good anymore. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make them all available again please?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

I have updated all the links on my scenarios now. Please let me know if there are any more problems.

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”