GBoH Scenario (Taginae 552AD)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

GBoH Scenario (Taginae 552AD)

Post by kilroy1 »

One of the last major battles in the sixth century Roman reconquest of Italy from the Goths.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30xbbnhv3mdqp ... 1.zip?dl=1

Unity version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3icmlphtwzgs1 ... n.pck?dl=1

kilroy
Last edited by kilroy1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Nice, d/l now
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Just played as the Romans, the Goths defied history by attacking my flank archers instead of going up the center, although they were crushed all the same :twisted:
Wonder if the Goths could use some help w some more infantry units?
Good fun, I really enjoy the later Roman period.

Cheers!
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

TheGrayMouser wrote:Good fun, I really enjoy the later Roman period.
Me too, but it is difficult finding reliable information on many of the battles during this period.

kilroy
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

The scenario has been updated/resized and I have included units from Legions Triumphant.

kilroy
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Oooh, Thanks for updating this.
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

The scenario has been updated with graphics from Decline and Fall.

kilroy
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

Thank you for all these scenario updates, kilroy. I still have GBoH and downloaded all the user-made scenarios when their website was up, back in the day. But aside from Taginae (iirc), the ones you've listed in this subforum I must have missed. Did you ever share them on the GBoH webpage? Just curious - I thought I had downloaded them all.

Also, I just downloaded Decline And Fall and noticed that the graphics in these games are identical with the previous FoG graphics. Could this mean that my download left out the graphics update for DAF?
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

ZeaBed wrote:Thank you for all these scenario updates, kilroy. I still have GBoH and downloaded all the user-made scenarios when their website was up, back in the day. But aside from Taginae (iirc), the ones you've listed in this subforum I must have missed. Did you ever share them on the GBoH webpage? Just curious - I thought I had downloaded them all.
These scenarios are from the boardgame versions of GboH (except for Callinicum, Solachon, and Bishop's Meadow). I hope that is what you wanted to know...
Also, I just downloaded Decline And Fall and noticed that the graphics in these games are identical with the previous FoG graphics. Could this mean that my download left out the graphics update for DAF?
My apologies. I began updating these scenarios after Legions Triumphant was released and changed the links to point to the updated scenarios, but I did not always announce the change in the forum. Some of the graphics have not been changed since then, because I felt that the Late Imperial Romans fit better for the 6th century. I have made some changes in deployment and unit type for some of the scenarios for hopefully better balance. I thought that after Decline and Fall was released that it would be a good time to announce the changes. I'm sorry if I misled you or anyone else. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Bishop's Meadow: Graphics from D&F.
Callinicum: Small change in unit type for some of the Roman cavalry, graphics from LT.
Faenza: Change in deployment and the Roman left flank starts Disrupted, graphics from LT.
Porta Pinciana: Change in deployment, graphics from LT.
Solachon: Change in deployment, graphics from LT.
Taginae: Change in deployment, graphics from LT.
Tricameron: Graphics from LT.

kilroy :oops:
Last edited by kilroy1 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

No problem kilroy. In fact I'm relieved to find that I did not incur an update glitch. I understand now - I only played the GBoH digital. I haven't played board games since Avalon Hill and the Strategy and Tactics magazine of the 60s and 70s. Yes, I'm that old! And thank you again for sharing those great scenarios. I wonder if we have any of the old GBoH digital scenario creators here at FoG, such as Wayne and the others.
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

ZeaBed wrote:I haven't played board games since Avalon Hill and the Strategy and Tactics magazine of the 60s and 70s. Yes, I'm that old!
I have an attic full of those games and magazines, but I'm not that old... :roll:

kilroy
ZeaBed
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by ZeaBed »

Good for you! I can be the resident veteran from the actual medieval battles!
kilroy1

Re: GBoH Scenario (Taginae 552AD)

Post by kilroy1 »

The Unity version of the scenario is available for download.

kilroy

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”