GBoH Scenario (Issus 333BC)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

GBoH Scenario (Issus 333BC)

Post by kilroy1 »

In 333BC Alexander the Great was advancing southward down the Syrian coast when the Persian king Darius managed to march his army across the Macedonian lines of communication. Alexander quickly retraced his steps and was confronted by the Persians at the Pinarus River. It was the first time Alexander and Darius were to meet in battle, but it would not be the last. The Macedonians were victorious.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot1ty72kkkvau ... 2.zip?dl=1

Unity version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e24t2fckwjy6w ... n.pck?dl=1

kilroy
Last edited by kilroy1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

Nice. How did yo handle the Kardices? (sp)

Deeter
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

deeter wrote:Nice. How did yo handle the Kardices? (sp)

Deeter
From the screenshot they appear to be disguised as Ligurian foot :D

This looks really good, downloading now, thanks for posting these Kilroy!
petergarnett
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by petergarnett »

How did you dl a scenario - I get the link & save to the fog games folder & once unzipped it looks OK but the game cannot see it?
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

petergarnett wrote:How did you dl a scenario - I get the link & save to the fog games folder & once unzipped it looks OK but the game cannot see it?
Make sure you unzip it and then place in this folder :C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Slitherine\FieldOfGlory Scenarios (or something similar per your install)
****user scenarios are NOT saved in the main program folder**
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Man, that was a long hard gruesome battle Kilroy! I didnt realize that the far right flank of the river wasnt passable and massed my Companion cavalry there waiting to strike only to find they couldnt cross!, had to improvise a little...
Glad the Persians right flank cavalry wasnt cataphracted(have seen some sources that indicate they were) otherwise I would have been crushed ( my left flank was basically collapsed by the time I won anyhow , the death of Parmenio didnt help)

Had a lot of fun , Cheers.

BTW hope you sent this to Kieth!
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

The scenario has been updated/revised and includes units from Immortal Fire. You can now cross the river anywhere along its length (look out for the broken terrain along both banks of the eastern end) and there have been some OOB additions.

kilroy
rjv
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by rjv »

Just won as the Macedonians on my first attempt (against the AI, which is about par for the course: I win on the first attempt 95% of time, 2nd attempt: 4% of time, 3rd attempt: 1% of the time, and give up less than 1% of the time: Hattin as the Crusaders comes to mind).

My left wing cavalry held steady in no evade mode and eventually defeated the opposition and moved in, paving the way for the left wing infantry, while Alexander and the Companions forded the river and outflanked the Persian left. I generally kept the infantry line behind the river, daring the Persians to cross, which they did not do, except for Darius and the Immortals getting ambitious about 2/3 of the way. I was also ultimately successful crossing the river with the center infantry.

At one point in time, I proceed to attack with Alexander's unit, saying to myself, "come on, he's Alexander, he's got to attack!" and, oops, he got killed. Which leads to an interesting question, should losing the army commander, especially someone as charismatic as Alexander, have more of an effect on the entire army than it seemed to have?
kilroy1

Post by kilroy1 »

rjv wrote:At one point in time, I proceed to attack with Alexander's unit, saying to myself, "come on, he's Alexander, he's got to attack!" and, oops, he got killed. Which leads to an interesting question, should losing the army commander, especially someone as charismatic as Alexander, have more of an effect on the entire army than it seemed to have?
I agree, losing Alexander (or a similar leader in a different scenario) should cost you more BP's and/or a greater chance of failing a Cohesion Test for nearby units. ...and I've been a little too aggressive with Alexander as well. :wink:

kilroy
kilroy1

Re: GBoH Scenario (Issus 333BC)

Post by kilroy1 »

The Unity version of the scenario is available for download.

kilroy

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”