Editor

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

rmunie0613
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Editor

Post by rmunie0613 »

I just purchased FoG and several of its add-ons.
I have already run into some issues. The editor button is greyed out and inaccessible. There also seems to be little to no documentation.
The game is very inexpensive, but still would hope it works, it is a great concept.
I created a DaG army also, and tried to begin a game- close to an "editor" situation.but cannot seem to figure out how to deploy the army battle groups, and, again no documentation on how to do so except the sentence about dragging them to where they should be- which does not specify whether it is done in that "DaG" mode, etc... and in any event on dragging them...or on left...or right...clicking...they just pop back to where they originally were.
Nowhere is the idea of setting elevation, etc...for the battlefield, explained- perhaps because of the aforementioned "editor selection" being greyed out...
All of these issues really may be easily explainable... am very interested in the game, and really even would buy another module if that is what is required to "unlock" the editor.

Thank you.
rmunie0613

Re: Editor

Post by rmunie0613 »

I am decidedly UN-impressed with a company that sells a product under misleading information and then deserts it because a newer version has been put out.
(Misleading information- under the game descriptions "editor- Yes" with plugs in the descriptions for "new" abilities to do things in an editor that, apparently from reading the forums, has not worked- ever.
I wish that I had read the forums before purchasing... but who can really be expected to do that? When you buy something, you read its description, and purchase or not,based upon that.

I cannot imagine any other field of endeavor where someone purchases a product that is only a few years old...say a 2014 auto...and is told before purchasing it, all of its wonderful assets... then after purchase, is informed that none of those actually exist, and no support will be forthcoming, because, after all, they are now busy with 2018's model year.

I had held Slitherine in rather high opinion, and have a disk with several of their games on it... but cannot imagine I will further support a company that sells products in this way any longer. I realize that one customer makes little difference in the scheme of things, but will leave with this comment...

This game genre needs new customers...and has so much promise, the same things that attracted myself near 2 decades ago to wargaming, still exist,and could draw new faces to it. Issues such as this, however, are one of the reasons that is not happening.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

Hello, FOG Unity is a very sad Story, indeed.
Here you can download the last update which has been removed by the game-creatore for whatever reasons.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=81403

This Version has an working Editor and sharp graphics but some bugs remains.
But you can also download the preversion FOG 1 which is finished and, from my Point of fiew , very ok.
You can Play hundres of original and usermade Scenarios for almost no money if you can live with the "old Fashion" graphic.
If you surch through the Forum you will find an answer to all your questions.
During the last 20 years i have playd hundreds of pc games. I have removed almost al of them, kept only 4 games. Fog 1 is one of them, belive me it"s great.
And ist historical education, not stupid alienhunting or warhammer-nonsens.
Last edited by Micha63 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

get the legacy version 1.8 for free. classic stuff. still going strong after 9 years.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=77966
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

fogman wrote:get the legacy version 1.8 for free. classic stuff. still going strong after 9 years.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=77966
Exactly, you cant find anything better !

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”