DLC's in Field of Glory

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Sull51
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

DLC's in Field of Glory

Post by Sull51 »

I recently purchased 3 additional DLC for Field of Glory I have previously installed on my computer the old version of Field of Glory (1.81) and the new version (2.5.02)
I was under the impression that all DLC except the last two would work in the old version, and all the DLC’s would work in the new version. The DLC tell me I need the latest version to activate them even if they are installed on the old version of the program. The new version 2.5 is a programming disaster that makes the game virtually unplayable Is there a way to activate DLC on the old program (1.81)?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: DLC's in Field of Glory

Post by VPaulus »

Does your 1.8.1 game launcher screen have a button named "Serials..." or "Register Army Pack Serial"?
Attachments
FoG-OldVersion_DLC.jpg
FoG-OldVersion_DLC.jpg (211.87 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Sull51
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sull51 »

When I click on the start icon I bypass the illustrated game screen where other than in game choices "Check for updates" is listed. When I press that I get an error message
"Network Connection Error (code 1)
The version is 1.8.1
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please do the following steps:

A. Unisntall the game

B. Please download and install the base game installer ( field_of_glory_1.5.0.zip) from your member's area:
http://www.slitherine.com/members/

C. For installing any of the expansions, you only need to have the base game installed (Field of Glory) and updated with the last patch (1.8.1). The patch is embedded with all the expansions:

1. Download the update/patch (1.8.1) from the link below:
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Field ... p-v181.zip
2. Unzip the download file. Run the extracted file to update the game

D. Once you've done this you can proceed with the unlocking of your expansion packs:

1. Double click the Field of Glory game icon (launcher) in the desktop
2. Click the "Serials…" button
3. Select the expansion pack you wish to unlock
4. Enter serial number for expansion pack
5. Select "Enter Serial"
6. Repeat the steps for each expansion you might have
Sull51
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sull51 »

Sorry I put you through all that typing! I solve the problem by going into the directory of the old game and began opening application flles until I found one that was similar to the illustrate screens above which allow serials to be added The file was called "fog" added back on 2/11

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”