Problem multiplayer

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Burgot
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Problem multiplayer

Post by Burgot »

Hi all, i'm generally a Battle Academy player, but i come back on FoG these times
i play FoG V1.81 with 4 add ons SoA IfR, SaS, LtR.
I'm on Win10 64 pro.

My friend have only FoG, and a win7 or 8, he see in multiplayer only 4 games, and in multiplayer i see may be 15-20 games, like we are not on the same server.
Each game he create with basic game, i m unable to see them, same on other side.
I precise we create game only in FoG basic, not on add on

I think the FoG's friend is something like V2.5 (recently downloaded)

Where is the problem? How can i fix it?

Thx for answer

Burgot
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Problem multiplayer

Post by VPaulus »

You need to be playing the same version. If one is playing the 1.81 version and the other is playing the Unity version then you will not see each other.
My suggestion is having both versions installed in separate folders.
Burgot

Post by Burgot »

Thx a lot for your answer. Ok i'll get the new version.

Greetings
Pierre
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

Multiplayer games are stalling at replay so few reach a conclusion. Anything I can do about this? I have the new FOG and it checks for updates, I believe.
Burgot

Post by Burgot »

Hi all, i stayed on 1.81 because i prefer to play the old version. And today i bought the last extension i didn t have, Rise of Rome, but i got the 2.42 version for.
How can I download RoR in version before the 'connected' one? I'm a little bit lost.

Thank you

Burgot
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

MikeK wrote:Multiplayer games are stalling at replay so few reach a conclusion. Anything I can do about this? I have the new FOG and it checks for updates, I believe.
Multiplayer games have two problems which are in work for the next patch:
- some gameplay problems, which are affecting both SP and MP, and are practically solved in the new WIP beta builds (see the update thread)
- the MP DAG games having at least an army list with more than one nation per side (ie having allied troop picked up in it) prevent the MP game to start (to be fixed after the above one)
Last edited by cothyso on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Burgot wrote:Hi all, i stayed on 1.81 because i prefer to play the old version. And today i bought the last extension i didn t have, Rise of Rome, but i got the 2.42 version for.
How can I download RoR in version before the 'connected' one? I'm a little bit lost.

Thank you

Burgot
Once you activate the serial in your account on Slitherine's site, it will be activated in both FoG(U) and FoG(RB).

Also, the old FoG(RB) v1.8.1 has no code support anymore back from 2012, from when Hexwar ceased any work on FoG(RB).
Burgot

Post by Burgot »

Thanks for answer Cothyso, i ignored for Hexwar.

but I find the 'on line version', less pleasant than the old one : only fighting rates in number and not in color (I have bad sight), many results not understandable with movements too speed to see, hard to set a good speed of resolution, no msg for opponent, nobody on gamers lists, etc etc.

I have decided a friend to play FoG, but he is not happy of the new version, so if its possible, i'm looking fr the old .exe of RoR. Is it 'abandonware'?

I have already bought licence and I'll used it for the old version

So is someone can say to me where to find the old RoR?

Thx a lot

burgot

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”