PBEM game will not play

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Einzinger
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

PBEM game will not play

Post by Einzinger »

Nothing happens when the Play button is pressed Instance #45992

;Console log:

[ERR0] => PBEM_ChallengesListDownload_Callback() JSON response in object format
[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_ChallengesListDownload_Callback() JSON response -> ErrorCode: 0
[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() bytes response -> ErrorCode: 0
[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() instance #45992 data dowloaded OK.
[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Instance type, locked, containing 0 files
[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Cache type, locked, containing 7 files
[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() instance #45992 data dowloaded OK.
[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Instance type, locked, containing 0 files
[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Cache type, locked, containing 7 files

;OutPutlog:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Nation].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu.DataLoadMPGameLoad (.FoGGame& pG, .GameInProgress pGIP, Boolean pAsReplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu+<OnGUI_MPGIPsTurnMine_ButtonStart>c__Iterator3C.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

<b><color=#999999>[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() bytes response -> ErrorCode: 0</color></b>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

<b><color=#999999>[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() instance #45992 data dowloaded OK.</color></b>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

<b><color=#229922>[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Instance type, locked, containing 0 files</color></b>

<b><color=#229922>[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Cache type, locked, containing 7 files</color></b>

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Nation].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu.DataLoadMPGameLoad (.FoGGame& pG, .GameInProgress pGIP, Boolean pAsReplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu+<OnGUI_MPGIPsTurnMine_ButtonStart>c__Iterator3C.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

<b><color=#999999>[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() bytes response -> ErrorCode: 0</color></b>

<b><color=#999999>[DBG0] => [0]PBEM_InstanceDownload() instance #45992 data dowloaded OK.</color></b>

<b><color=#229922>[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Instance type, locked, containing 0 files</color></b>

<b><color=#229922>[0]Decompressing a file pack with format version: 1.01 , of MP Game Cache type, locked, containing 7 files</color></b>

<color=#999922>[SYS1] => application end time</color>

Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: PBEM game will not play

Post by Geordietaf »

Hi Tessarian,

I have the same problem with the 800 pt challenge you accepted from me. When I press the play button nothing happens.
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeMarchant »

And the same with the game I'm playing against you, Tesserien, the 500 point SAS game (#45979), the 'Play' button is available, but pressing it achieves nothing.

I have played other games after this one has failed to play, and they play fine, but no matter how many times I try #45979, nothing happens.

Best Wishes

Mike
Einzinger

Post by Einzinger »

I'd say about half my DAG games fail...but I have a 100% success rate with pre-made scenarios.
egos

Post by egos »

I have same issues with games #45607 vs Henniak and #45611 vs houghs. They do nothing.
Geordietaf

Post by Geordietaf »

Tesserian wrote:I'd say about half my DAG games fail...but I have a 100% success rate with pre-made scenarios.
33% success rate for me. Raphia was fine, Agricola Moves North and Nevilles Cross failed
Lehnardtsson
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Lehnardtsson »

50% of my games already failed. (against Tessarian and paulmcnail)
So I stopped the rest sorry guys.
egos

Post by egos »

Please, fix this as it is totally unplayable ATM. I understand that this is a one-man project and that bugs will get fix, but we nevertheless paid to have at least some playable baseline. Don't mind waiting for new patches, but basics need to work flawlessly.
williamjzeman
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by williamjzeman »

MY PBEM game played half of the latest turn from my opponent then stopped without giving me a quit button. This is a premade scenario, Caesar in Gaul against the Ebruones. Please fix, restarting gives the same result
Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

Any updates about this? I just had a PBEM fail as well. When I press play nothing happens.
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Rysyonok wrote:Any updates about this? I just had a PBEM fail as well. When I press play nothing happens.
play the 'old' version, not the new one.
Rysyonok

Post by Rysyonok »

fogman wrote:
Rysyonok wrote:Any updates about this? I just had a PBEM fail as well. When I press play nothing happens.
Where would I get the old one?
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Rysyonok wrote:
fogman wrote:
Where would I get the old one?
login at the slithering home page
scroll down to field of glory to register your game
go to my products
click on download content at field of glory
you'll want to download the 'original field of glory for pc' and patch 1.8.1
Bladeheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bladeheart »

fogman wrote: login at the slithering home page
scroll down to field of glory to register your game
go to my products
click on download content at field of glory
you'll want to download the 'original field of glory for pc' and patch 1.8.1
Is the original version with the aforementioned patch now compatible with all the expansions?
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

the old version can't run 'wolves of the sea' and 'oath of fealty'. not a big deal as those two re-use graphics from the previous sets and add nothing except army lists.
kme37158
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by kme37158 »

When are they going to fix this game. We waited ages for Wolves of the Sea and this has been nothing but broken and the interface is a step backwards as well Love the game hate this version. I used to love PBEM but hardly ever seems to work how many people are your losing off this game because the bugs are not being fixed. Embarrassing
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

kme37158 wrote:When are they going to fix this game. We waited ages for Wolves of the Sea and this has been nothing but broken and the interface is a step backwards as well Love the game hate this version. I used to love PBEM but hardly ever seems to work how many people are your losing off this game because the bugs are not being fixed. Embarrassing
This week, i think, a fixed edition of Unity will come out :D
For Byzantium!!
Leonidas048
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello i have the same problem i took three of McIvos DAG games and i keep getting code 01 error problem i cant start the games nor can i get rid of them can anyone help thanks.
Dougputhoff

Post by Dougputhoff »

I'm having trouble with PBEM with FIELD OF GLORY. While replaying my opponent's last turn, the game froze on me. I hope you can rectify this as soon as possible. Thank you.
Jackal1917
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Jackal1917 »

I have 2 games that I can not continue. And about 15 games that my opponents can not continue. And you can close them only after 30 days. WTF? How to play now?

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”