Clash of armor. On iPad not realistic at all.

Open beta forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

highlanderm38a1
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Clash of armor. On iPad not realistic at all.

Post by highlanderm38a1 »

Battle academy is a joke. I have the iPad version and you cannot tell me that the United States won WWII where a panzer can take no less than 13 direct hits from m4 Sherman's and survive, then turn around in the same turn lose 15 us tanks and two surrender in one turn. Add on top of that farcical miscalculation on the part of the game designer the fact that a puma can survive two direct hits from a Sherman then turn around and kill another Sherman with his puma buddy. Sorry boys this game is for the birds. The dirty birds and I'm calling it bul-s---t.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clash of armor. On iPad not realistic at all.

Post by pipfromslitherine »

If you are attacking German heavy armour from the front or from range then your chance of penetration is (realistically) very low. A Sherman was simply not a match in a head to head fight. You need to attack German armour from the rear or sides in ambush. Or better yet use your infantry to get close and assault them.

It is very doubtful that a Puma would survive two hits from a Sherman, it is much more likely that the Sherman missed.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
cupoftea
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by cupoftea »

So your saying it's for the birds ?
Then why do you play this game ?! :evil:
Let them hate me, as long as they fear me. Caligula
gortwillsaveus
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by gortwillsaveus »

highlanderm38a1 wrote:Battle academy is a joke. I have the iPad version and you cannot tell me that the United States won WWII where a panzer can take no less than 13 direct hits from m4 Sherman's and survive, then turn around in the same turn lose 15 us tanks and two surrender in one turn. Add on top of that farcical miscalculation on the part of the game designer the fact that a puma can survive two direct hits from a Sherman then turn around and kill another Sherman with his puma buddy. Sorry boys this game is for the birds. The dirty birds and I'm calling it bul-s---t.
It sounds like you know very little about what real warfare was like during WW2, let alone a game that is supposed to be fun to play.
You obviiously don't understand the factors that are taken into account in the game,..such as movement penalties, remaining APs, rear armor vs. frontal armor,........and the list goes on.

Do yourself a favor,..stick with Angry Birds,....you'll be much happier,..but by your tone,...I'm guessing probably not.
gortwillsaveus

Post by gortwillsaveus »

Come to think of it,....I might have been the one that beat one (and badly) at Clash of Armor.
Clash of Armor is probably the most challenging scenarios.

The Allies should always win, since they have speed and numbers,....however,..the Germans (if played by a skilled player) can be impossible to beat.
Took me 30 tries to finally win as Allies,...but now,...I would say I win 9 out of 10 times as Allies.
glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by glenghiscan »

Not my favourite to be honest don't like the ones with all armour and no infantry luckily there's plenty to choose from
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

glenghiscan wrote:Not my favourite to be honest don't like the ones with all armour and no infantry luckily there's plenty to choose from
Agree. That is why I generally stay away from post-DDay scenarios in the West, or Post-Kursk in the East.
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

Return to “Battle Academy : Open Beta”