SWAP FUNCTION

Open beta forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

SWAP FUNCTION

Post by Happycat »

Playing two games using the Rommel test build. Have not noticed this before, but the "swap" function appears to change the facing of units. In one instance, I had a Sherman Firefly facing towards the enemy and successfully snuffed a Panther that had its flank exposed. I then wanted to go after the other Panther behind it, but had used up all shots. So, I swapped with the Sherman behind me (both of my units were faced towards enemy). When the swap occurred, the Sherman I brought up was faced appropriately, but my Firefly now had its tail pointed towards the other Panther which fired with predictable results.

Can anyone else confirm having experienced this?
Chance favours the prepared mind.
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: SWAP FUNCTION

Post by AndrewGardner »

Swap turns both units in the direction they are moving, as if they had moved normally. It does not attempt to use the 'Reverse' move action. This hasn't changed since it was added in the Husky update.
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

AndrewGardner wrote:Swap turns both units in the direction they are moving, as if they had moved normally. It does not attempt to use the 'Reverse' move action. This hasn't changed since it was added in the Husky update.
I guess I never noticed that before because it had not caused any ill-consequence. This time of course it did. It might be more reasonable if the forward-most unit DID use the reverse function, but at least now I know.

Thanks
Chance favours the prepared mind.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

I know how you feel. In the Dieppe map I was landing on the beach and switched my Croc with a Mortar. A 152MM destroyed very easily :( I was sad considering that was my one and only Croc lost to a simple switch.

Return to “Battle Academy : Open Beta”