Version 1.01 Completely Broken!

iPad/PC/PSP/iPhone : Fast paced empire building strategy game, with city management, armies, battles, diplomacy and more.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

marcus
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Version 1.01 Completely Broken!

Post by marcus »

Hi, I hadn't played version 1.01 and decided to try it last night. I had not had problems with the earlier version of the game. To my astonishment the game was completely dysfunctional, has anybody tested this? You can't play through even the Turtorial mission as NO Income is generated!! The other scenarios I tried remove army and city costs from from the net rather than gross income. This game no longer appears in saleable condition. I am surprised nobody else has noticed this- maybe nobody plays it!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.01 Completely Broken!

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm sorry you are having problems but this is very unusual. It seems to work fine here so maybe something has become corrupt on your device? I'd recommend uninstalling the game and reinstalling and see if that helps.

Is this the iPhone or HD version?
marcus

Post by marcus »

Thank you for your reply. It is the Windows version 1.01, and yes I have installed and reinstalled. Same problem. Do you have an earlier version still available? I can't imagine it is unique to the download I was sent. Thanks
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ah ok on PC. Let me look in to it and get back to you.
AaronYeung
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by AaronYeung »

Hi Marcus,

Can you tell me any more information about your problem? i.e. If you start the tutorial and click end turn straight away is the cash issue still there? Anything you think may help us locate the issue. We cannot reproduce this at present.

Cheers.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Yes, apparently the money each turn is removed from the net income now. So for example since the city and army upkeep is more than the net income of 10 gold (beginning of Tutorial version of 1.01) the treasury which starts at "0" remains at zero and never changes each turn. Other scenarios have the same problem, they just don't start at zero, so the treasury takes longer to deplete. I hope this makes sense!
AaronYeung

Post by AaronYeung »

Hmm... Can you try and install the demo and see if the same thing happens please? It seems to be a game bug, but we have not found this anywhere else. the Demo link is here: http://slitherine.co.uk/games/heae_egypt_pc

Thanks.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Yes, I tried the demo the other day and it works fine! It is 1.01 (or at least the one I was sent -about 1/30/12- Did you have more than one version?) that is broken!
AaronYeung

Post by AaronYeung »

Hi Marcus,

One more check... When you un-installed/reinstalled the game did you removed ALL the files related to the game? It sounds as if someone/thing has modded some files and this may also be causing the issue.

Thanks.
marcus

Post by marcus »

OK, this is what I have found. I installed the game back on my XP machine (which I had originally played in on about a year and a half ago) and it worked fine. So this only seems to be affecting my Windows 7 operating system! Very weird, I don't know if there is much you can do about this. Is it just my system or is it Windows 7 (compatability changes don't help)? I will just play on my older system. Thank you so much for your time and consideration- your decent people! Thanks for spending the time to help me with this issue. Sincerely, Mark
AaronYeung

Post by AaronYeung »

Thanks for letting us know Mark. It appears that it may be a problem with your new system. We are using Win 7 here and have had no issues. Glad to hear that it works on your old machine though. Hope you enjoy the game!

Sorry we couldn't fix the issue.

Aaron.
Macha
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Macha »

Hi,

Yes I know it's Jan 2016! Anyway I downloaded the pc version a couple days ago and can verify that under Vista at least this game does some really creative math. Either the math it's doing is bad, or the numbers it displays are bad or some of both. I just finished the tutorial babylon scenario and only made it through by going along with its figuring. I got to a point where my net income was in the 200's and 300's but my gold was going down each turn. Eventually it almost got down to zero. I disbanded some of my soldiers and eventually got to the point where my gold was increasing each turn again. It's not a very good way to play the game but it seems I will have to add costs more carefully than ever and see what the gold increase/decrease is after making any change.

There was a post somewhere where they couldn't tell if they were running version 1.01 or not. I tried to verify this for myself too and couldn't find it. I eventually found by - at least in vista - go to programs and features in control panel and use Choose Details under the View menu to display Version. After doing this it showed the version is 1.01

:)

Return to “Egypt - Engineering an Empire”