Operation Husky - second battle

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Operation Husky - second battle

Post by demyansk »

In Battle Academy, op Husky campaign the second scenario. The units start on the beach but I seem to have a problem winning this one. I am able to get the first three flags but then all heck breaks loose. Does anyone have any suggestions on this one? The bunkers are tough and no medics to replenish the units.
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Operation Husky - second battle

Post by Schweinewitz »

Playing the Husky campaign too ATM. I am stuck at the 5th scenario (Baptism of Fire) ... :roll:

Some hints for the 2nd scenario:

- Fight the counter attack from the North with your AT gun, the fighter-bomber support, and ambush the enemy by placing your infantry in the vineyard.

- Carefully advance towards the arty bunkers. Use your scouts! Place your troops in good cover (rocks etc.) surrounding the bunkers.

- Use the Naval bombardments to pin down the arty bunkers and the defending positions around. Then attack quickly!

- Destroy the railroad by placing your engineer unit on the railroad bridge.

- IIRC there are 8 VPs on the map; you only need 6, so you don't have to take the ones on the Western and Eastern edges of the map. BUT: Protect your flanks! 8)

- In the North take the town first - then it's easy to take the crossroad VP next to it.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for the tips
mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by mpetri »

In regards to the guy who was stuck on Baptism of Fire--- the trick is to concentrate your units. Try not to lose your armored cars---pull them out of the city. Use massed fire to silence any antitank or machine guns you run across---there's at least one MG on the outskirts of the city. Split your troops and send a second column---using some of the truck mounted troops---to take the train station. From there use your two columns to pin and annihilate the enemy.
Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz »

Thanks! Managed the scenario on my third try (on the last turn IIRC), using similar tactics.

There are some instersting scenarios in this campaign; it's a good one.

Return to “Battle Academy”