Blitzkrieg France.

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Strawman
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Blitzkrieg France.

Post by Strawman »

I posted this in the tech support forum but got no help, maybe someone here will know.

On the " strike first mission" one of the achievements is to "take all VP". I have done this multiple times, and can't get the star. I've checked the entire map, killed all the units I can find, and even removed all the wrecks, still no luck.

On " French giants mission" I cannot get the star for "kill the elite scouts". Again I have killed all units I can find. I even let a unit of the French scouts found in the west town near the church to kill enough of my units to reach elite status, then killed them.

I have all other stars, in all other missions, and this is bugging the hell out of me. I am playing on ipad, has anyone got any ideas?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blitzkrieg France.

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I'm going to check in to the logic and see what is going on/required.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Strawman

Post by Strawman »

No ideas?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've not had a chance to get to it as yet. I will try and find time today.

Cheers

Pip
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK - I looked into these two issues.

The Strike First one does seem to be a real bug - the ach is not doable. The code expects there to be 6 VPS, but the map appears to only have 3 of them on it. Sorry about the missed bug :(

The elite scout issue may be a little more subtle. There is a unit of elite scouts that is placed on the map. However, the code to have them hide from the enemy doesn't check whether they end up running off the map. So - you should find an (already elite) scout unit and kill it asap. If it runs off map then you will not (of course) be able to see nor kill it.

Thank you for reporting these - I will fix them at our end, but unfortunately we are not planning any updates in the near future.

Cheers

Pip
Strawman

Post by Strawman »

Thanks for the reply. I hope the bug gets updated. As much as I've paid for the game, and all the campaigns, I would expect an update on a discovered issue.
Strawman

Post by Strawman »

Btw, has anyone else successfully found the elite french scouts? I can't seem to find the bastards.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have uploaded a hotfix for these two issues here:

http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/FranceHotfix.zip

replace the existing .BSF files in your install at CAMPAIGNS/4FRANCE/SCENARIOS. Note that the elite scout may still be tough to catch as he runs off as soon as he spots people near him. But he won't run off the map any more :)

Cheers

Pip
Strawman

Post by Strawman »

Pip,

Sorry to seem dense, but how do I do that. Btw I'm playing on Ipad.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

There isn't any way to update the iPad unfortunately. It takes a lot of work to do an update and so we have to store up a significant amount of fixes before we do a release so unfortunately we don't have enough ready yet to do one. It also wipes out all our good reviews when we do an update and people don't want to download large updates unless they contain significant changes so there are a number of issues we have to take in to account. I don't have an ETA on when the next patch will be released at the moment.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

As Iain says, unfortunately doing a quick update on the iPad is not simple. I will take a look - I might be able to upload a fixed version of the whole campaign.

Cheers

Pip
Strawman

Post by Strawman »

Thanks guys, always great to see a company willing to admit an oversight, and stand behind their product. I will have no hesitation buying from Slitherine in the future.
Amused79

Post by Amused79 »

Getting ready to purchase the expansions, have these two bugs been fixed. I am sort of (understatement) competitive in accomplishinshing all the achievements. Thanks!!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

IIRC we have not pushed an update for BA since this issue was brought to our attention. Sorry.

Cheers

Pip
Amused79

Post by Amused79 »

On the "Racing ahead" senario, what do you have to do to get the "repulse the first wave without losing any units"? Do the tanks that start away from the village count? I've destroyed many units before losing a unit and still have not achieved this. Any advice?
Amused79

Post by Amused79 »

Disregard my last post. Tried a couple more times and they gave it to me. I just kept my tanks where there were and loaded up at the village front. After enough kills, I achieved it.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have now (actually!) fixed the French Scouts achievement. Apologies to anyone going insane trying to get it - it would only randomly work. Should be solid now! Just replace the included BSF file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k95gle1zxxzxu ... 6.zip?dl=0

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy”