BA 2 - Eastern Front Development Forum

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

tkershner
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: BA 2 - Eastern Front Development Forum

Post by tkershner »

Would really like to add 2 things to BA if possible. 1) the ability to load infantry on the back of tanks, and 2) the ability of artillery and tanks to fire smoke rounds to mess with line of sight.
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by protectivedaddy »

Pip, the limited AP, would that be for the whole BG each turn........that is a fantastic addition and would add a completely new strategy element..............is this a limit that can be set before the start of each MP game.

Would this also carry over to the opponents go - in other words would you have to reserve some AP for reaction shots.

Just had a read through and wow.

What would be nice is if units could fortify..........if in a field they could dig an impassable trench - if in a building they could put sandbags at windows etc to add defensive strength.

Also the ability to lay booby traps in woods or buildings.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

protectivedaddy wrote:Pip, the limited AP, would that be for the whole BG each turn........that is a fantastic addition and would add a completely new strategy element..............is this a limit that can be set before the start of each MP game.

Would this also carry over to the opponents go - in other words would you have to reserve some AP for reaction shots.

Just had a read through and wow.

What would be nice is if units could fortify..........if in a field they could dig an impassable trench - if in a building they could put sandbags at windows etc to add defensive strength.

Also the ability to lay booby traps in woods or buildings.
Bear in mind that we add things to the wiki as they are implemented, but that they then still get tested and refined, so things may end up being cut. But it's always good to get feedback from people on features that they think they might enjoy, or make use of in mods etc.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by protectivedaddy »

Pip, I'm finding that when I'm about to play a new scenario I google and either read historical facts or watch historical footage of the battle that I am about to play...........would there be anyway that historical data or even historical videos could play at the start of the battle to give the players a better idea of the scenario they are about to play - even to let the players replicate. I think it would draw the player more into the historical importance of the battles they play as well as being very informative and educational.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

protectivedaddy wrote:Pip, I'm finding that when I'm about to play a new scenario I google and either read historical facts or watch historical footage of the battle that I am about to play...........would there be anyway that historical data or even historical videos could play at the start of the battle to give the players a better idea of the scenario they are about to play - even to let the players replicate. I think it would draw the player more into the historical importance of the battles they play as well as being very informative and educational.
I'm not sure it would always be possible, as many of the missions are only on nodding terms with specific actions :). I guess we could do something general but movies is a lot of work and so I don't imagine we would go along that route.

Cheers

Pip
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

May I ask is there any new info? :D
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

LandMarine47 wrote:May I ask is there any new info? :D
We've been working on a lot of internal stuff, so nothing fun to show off. The dev wiki will keep you up to date on new features, be they mundane or fantastical! <vanishes in puff of really quite impressive smoke>

Cheers

Pip
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:The dev wiki will keep you up to date on new features, be they mundane or fantastical! <vanishes in puff of really quite impressive smoke>Pip
:mrgreen:
glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by glenghiscan »

pipfromslitherine wrote:We're excited to announce the opening of a new forum dedicated to the next iteration of Battle Academy - Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front. BA 2 will feature the much requested Eastern Front in all its scope and ferocity. Lots of new units, new features, and new campaigns.

Even better, we are going to be using an open development process, where you can both suggest and comment on new features as we design them, and (later in the process) play with Alpha and Beta version far sooner than has been our usual approach.

We're really enthusiastic about this new way for us to develop our games, and we hope to see you in the new forum, giving us your ideas and feedback.

Check out the new forum here:
viewforum.php?f=221
This going to be for the iPad right ????
Cheers

Pip
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

glenghiscan wrote: This going to be for the iPad right ????
Yes.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Once again any notable progress? And can I ask if we are nearing a beta in Late November or December? :D
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

No dates yet I'm afraid. We are still working hard on new features.

Cheers

Pip
Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Skanvak »

Will it be possible to import the force situation at the end of a multiplayer game to import it in a new scenario? The idea is to make multiplayer campaign like "Arhnem". I have very much like the way this campaign worked compared to the other. The panzer General campaign was a bit dynamic too with different ending according to your degree of success.

Any plan for a pacific campaign as Japanese?

Any way I am looking forward to fight at smolensk...again...

I hope you will put scenario about the winter war. That could be interesting.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jonesy1760 »

As a long time player and beta tester I would like to see the many battles around Kharkov re-created in the new series.....looking forward to beta testing..
Jonesy
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

BA 2 Could be a good engine for some fight in Berlin and Lenningrad too.
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

Skanvak wrote:
It's not BA2 but BA1, I hope you're aware of Amaris' work?
viewforum.php?f=246
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Im looking forward to Slitherines take on Stalingrad and Kursk! Some Sevestapool and Leningrad scenarios would be cool, ESPECIALLY a winter Moscow battle!
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

jcb989 wrote:
Skanvak wrote:
It's not BA2 but BA1, I hope you're aware of Amaris' work?
viewforum.php?f=246
I know there is a campaign downloadable campaign as US Marines but it is not an official one and I am looking for a campaign as Japanese (Singapour/Phillipine/China/Kourilles 1945/Burma/Iö Jima). Who is Amaris? I tend to prefer official work (more research).

To Land Marine : Stalingrad of course lots of interesting tactical battle, would be very interesting but Moscow and Kursk look like too much done (of course later). BA was interesting as doing less played battle. But the battle around Tula can be interesting.
Amaris
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Amaris »

Skanvak wrote:I know there is a campaign downloadable campaign as US Marines but it is not an official one and I am looking for a campaign as Japanese (Singapour/Phillipine/China/Kourilles 1945/Burma/Iö Jima). Who is Amaris? I tend to prefer official work (more research).

To Land Marine : Stalingrad of course lots of interesting tactical battle, would be very interesting but Moscow and Kursk look like too much done (of course later). BA was interesting as doing less played battle. But the battle around Tula can be interesting.
Well I'm a player but mainly a modder on BA. :wink:

I did the campaign D-DAY Special Forces with some historical battles (Pegasus Bridge, St Mère l'Eglise) etc. I even participate in an official extension of BA. So the Pacific Mod is done with heavily historical research. And a Japanese campaign is already planned. :mrgreen:
“Take care, my friend; watch your six, and do one more roll… just for me.”
bruce1944
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bruce1944 »

Its been a long cold winter...come on BA2 :D

Return to “Battle Academy”