Reset Campaign

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Reset Campaign

Post by b52pilot1 »

I've searched the forums but I cannot find if this issue has already been addressed. I'd like to replay all the Battle Academy campaigns without any scenarios being unlocked. I have completely uninstaleed and re-installed the game, but all of the scenarios are still unlocked and all of my previous achievements are visible (i.e. the little mini-objectives that are annotated by a star at the beginning of each scenario). Does anyone know how how to "reset" the campaigns and revert the game to its initial configuartion?

Thanks!
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Re: Reset Campaign

Post by junk2drive »

Usually we get the opposite question. Your game history is stored in Windows in Documents or My Documents\My Games\BBCBA\

To completely restart from new, delete that folder but you will lose all your saves, user campaigns and settings.

To just reset the campaigns, open the text file Options.txt and change Campaigns to 0 (I think or no number).
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.
b52pilot1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by b52pilot1 »

That worked perfectly. Thanks, junk(typed with one hand).
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

junk2drive wrote:Usually we get the opposite question. Your game history is stored in Windows in Documents or My Documents\My Games\BBCBA\

To completely restart from new, delete that folder but you will lose all your saves, user campaigns and settings.

To just reset the campaigns, open the text file Options.txt and change Campaigns to 0 (I think or no number).
I'm guessing that if I change the number to 1, say, it would have me just having completed the Desert campaign... But how do I reset the Blitzkrieg France Campaign only, say.
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

I was correct about changing the value of 'Campaigns' to 1. Interestingly, 2 unlocks the others and locks Desert... I'm guessing this is some kind of octal notation. (Hence the 255 in another forum.) What I actually want is for the game to think I haven't played the Blitzkrieg scenario before so that after each game it doesn't automatically take me to the last scenario but to the next one. How can I do this?

Thanks!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The campaigns value only relates to locked campaigns (e.g. when we lock people out to try and make sure they don't leap in the Bulge and get spanked because they haven't played any other missions).

To 'reset' a campaign you need to go the to My Documents folder and then into the SAVES folder. There is a DAT folder for each campaign, and deleting it will reset the campaign.

Note that (with the exception of carryover campaigns, which save in a different way) there is nothing stopping you from simply going back and forth between missions and playing whichever ones you wish.

Cheers

Pip
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

pipfromslitherine wrote:The campaigns value only relates to locked campaigns (e.g. when we lock people out to try and make sure they don't leap in the Bulge and get spanked because they haven't played any other missions).

To 'reset' a campaign you need to go the to My Documents folder and then into the SAVES folder. There is a DAT folder for each campaign, and deleting it will reset the campaign.
Aha. Thanks.
pipfromslitherine wrote: Note that (with the exception of carryover campaigns, which save in a different way) there is nothing stopping you from simply going back and forth between missions and playing whichever ones you wish.

Cheers

Pip
Nothing except sheer laziness... :)
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by jeff00t »

it doesnt work for me... i have installed core files and steam version but even by deleting BBCBA folder , i have always all unlocked (except DLC)
it is impossible for me to play if i don't know where is my campaign progression!

thanks if u have a solution to my problem...
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

IIRC the game was changed to stop locking the campaigns etc due to popular demand. But it should automatically track progress on campaigns and take you to the next mission automatically when you go into a campaign.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
jeff00t

Post by jeff00t »

ok thanks.
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Return to “Battle Academy”